Knocking pictures off wall

nebula

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi Everyone

For awhile now, Xena has been getting up on shelves, the fish tank, couch, etc and knocking pictures off the wall. By the time I am able to get up and try to stop her, the damage is done. I have come home countless times to f ind family pics, and others on the floor and broken. This is so frustrating and irritating. Any ides of how to curb this brattiness?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

nebula

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Hi!

This article has some good tips on how to discourage cats from jumping on counters, but could apply to any heightened surface really: http://www.thecatsite.com/a/get-off-how-to-discourage-your-cat-from-jumping-on-counters

As a temporary measure have you considered where you may be able to hang pictures in places that are not accessible to your cat?
She can jump. high.. like HIGH. The pictures are mostly up high but she will (with no surface to stand on) jump high and knock them down..

boonesmama

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi,

I see this thread is kind of old, but hoping I can still get some feedback as I have the exact same problem! Boone's obsession with knocking pictures off the wall is driving me insane! I removed the table from underneath a hanging picture, and he now JUMPS from the floor to the height of the picture to knock it over!  He also this morning knocked a small IKEA mirror off the wall (not big, about the size of a picture frame, mirror inside a wooden frame). The mirror was adhered to the wall with Command picture hanging strips, which I THOUGHT would be tough enough to withstand his pawing and yanking, but apparently not. It went crashing to the floor.

Did you have any luck getting Xena to stop knocking pics off the wall? Has anyone else had this problem, and if so, any solutions??

Thank you in advance for any input :-)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

nebula

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Did you have any luck getting Xena to stop knocking pics off the wall? Has anyone else had this problem, and if so, any solutions??

Nope. I just gave in and got rid of the fish tank. Sigh. She hasn't done it since....

kitty chew

Kitty chew
Adult Cat
Purraise
Yes, i have the same problem. One of my kittens is always pushing the pictures on our wall. And i have seen her jump up high to get at them. Came home to find my beautiful mirror broken the other week. They get into everything! And it can't be boredom. They have two cat trees, lots of toys, and i always play with them. Plus there is two of them! I think our kitties are just little monsters. And they have ruined all my furniture from running over it. Huge scratch marks on everything.

Lena&happy

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi,

I see this thread is kind of old, but hoping I can still get some feedback as I have the exact same problem! Boone's obsession with knocking pictures off the wall is driving me insane! I removed the table from underneath a hanging picture, and he now JUMPS from the floor to the height of the picture to knock it over! He also this morning knocked a small IKEA mirror off the wall (not big, about the size of a picture frame, mirror inside a wooden frame). The mirror was adhered to the wall with Command picture hanging strips, which I THOUGHT would be tough enough to withstand his pawing and yanking, but apparently not. It went crashing to the floor.

Well my cat only knock crosses off the wall ! And she does it in the middle of the night. Why on earth does she attack only the crosses hanging high up on the wall ? It’s very creepy and disturbing ! I Prayed over her.