Kitty's old pillow... toss or keep?

sweetlilac

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I am curious... Kitty has an old pillow (8 years old now) ever since we moved here. It's full of fur and kinda lumpy. I am wondering... should I replace it, or is this her go-to comfort zone? It's full of fur but no fleas, as far as I am aware, I comb her daily, don't see any. I just want her to be happy.

Ashleyninja

Cats made the world Amazing
Young Cat
Purraise
I am curious... Kitty has an old pillow (8 years old now) ever since we moved here. It's full of fur and kinda lumpy. I am wondering... should I replace it, or is this her go-to comfort zone? It's full of fur but no fleas, as far as I am aware, I comb her daily, don't see any. I just want her to be happy.
I think if your cat is attached to the pillow you should keep it, but if you really want to give her a new one go for it, she may like the new one better!:)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sweetlilac

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Good idea. I've noticed she likes to sit on all my cushions... but also likes to watch me from the outdoors. I say she likes "people TV'.

I'd like to get a cushion that doesn't catch on her nails as much. Any ideas? Maybe a bigger weave? The one she has now, she is always getting her nails caught in it. That's the one she almost always sits in for "prime time viewing."

Attachments

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Why not buy a new one to see if she takes to it but keep the old one incase she doesnt.
My thoughts exactly, great minds think alike! :thumbsup:

I'd like to get a cushion that doesn't catch on her nails as much. Any ideas? Maybe a bigger weave? The one she has now, she is always getting her nails caught in it.
Why not cover it with a pillowcase - that way you can take the case off to wash it if it gets dirty or fur on it like you mentioned with the 8 year old pillow.

siruh

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
If I were you I’d keep it! Maybe throw it in the washer and air dry it to keep it clean. I’m sure kitty loves it!

My Quorra has a baby blanket she’s had since she was a lil kitten.