Kitty With Hurt Tail

shiaena

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My Kali, today, had a cat tree fall on her or something (not entirely sure how this happened), but she has a deep gash in her tail. We took her to urgent care at the vet and they stitched her up and bandaged the wound, and gave her a soft e-collar. But here's a problem...SHE WON'T KEEP THE E-COLLAR ON, and she keeps trying to tug the bandages off, bitter spray DOES NOT work. Any ideas on how I can stop her from trying to tug the bandages off?

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I'm sorry to hear about Kali's accident. I'm glad you were able to take her to urgent care to get the appropriate treatment. Here is an Article on different types of cones that might be helpful: The Cat Cone: A Complete Owner's Guide
Please keep us posted on Kali's progress, best of luck. :alright:

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Just seconding what neely neely said! There are so many types of cones now. I'm hoping you spot one that Kali can tolerate better than the dreaded E-cone!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

shiaena

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you two so much. I spent the whole night trying to figure out what to do, so we ended up getting her a harder e-cone (since she could pull the other off with her nails) and an outfit so she'd just flop over like she usually does anytime we put something on her. She could care less about those stitches now, thank god!