Kitty vampires

chevs

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
So yesterday evening I made a big batch of food, enough to last my 2 cats 2 months. I do frankenprey. At the end of this labor, I had about 3/4 cup of animal blood (chicken, pig, and cow) in a container. Most of the blood probably came from the livers and kidneys. Not wanting to waste all that blood, I poured it into a bowl and set it on the kitchen floor, thinking Seamus and Fiona would like a little. Went to bed. Woke up this morning to an EMPTY bowl. I mean, licked clean!

I knew they liked blood, but I'm stunned to say the least. They each weigh 8.5 lbs. I had no idea their little tummies could hold all that. They NEVER drink water. I have no doubt that if that had been a bowl of water, it would only have lost volume through evaporation.

Has anyone else ever done this? Is all that blood OK in one sitting? There's been no vomiting or diarrhea. Tons of large pee clumps in today's litter though :)

cicoccabim

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My cat loves blood. The only thing you might be prepared to is that the poo might be very black.... like they had a lot of liver.