Kitty Throwing Up

Redwolfstorm

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My cat keeps throwing up, first a hairball, (yes i brush her a lot and still this happens) now its like dark yellowbrownish stomach acid. She yowls and runs to the bathroom and throws up. Right now i cannot afford a vet trip, hoping for some home care advice, what to watch for etc...

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Dehydration is always a concern so electrolyte balance is important. I would switch her to bottled water and unflavored Pedialyte (store-brand is fine); if you cannot buy some, there is a good recipe on TCS member Hissy's website: www.kitten-rescue.com. When your cat is ready to eat, you can try feeding her Gerber stage 2 chicken or beef baby food. Or try boiled chicken and white rice - with lots of broth in the beginning and see if she keeps it down. Also, use unscented litter as fragrance can make her nausea worse as well as irritate her rear. For now, try to identify possible causes- ingesting houseplants, humans with stomach flu, spoiled food, eating something with garlic or onions, exposure to household cleaners or other poisons. Has she been vaccinated and wormed? Please keep us posted!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Redwolfstorm

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
She hasnt been exposed to anything that could cause her to throw up, she is indoor only no one is sick. Ive tried the boiledchicken and rice. If its not kibble she thinks im stupid. She drinks alot of water which is good, and no kibble in throw up sonits not like she is eating fast like I've read. Ill try giving pedialite for now. And her poos are normal. She is being clingy, but she usually is when its my time of the month (sorry for that) 2 days ago she didnt want anything to do with mu husband and she always wants him, especially if he has a heating pad.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I'm not sure, im not a vet, but it sounds to me as though there's more hairball that didn't make it out. My guy almost always throws up three times, then he's done.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Redwolfstorm

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I'm hoping it is that, i kinda think it is. Earlier she wanted to lay with me and flattened herself to me as much as she could then just kept licking her lips and i knew she was going to, ran her to the kitchen floor and waited. 2 x and it was only white foam and just a little.