Kitty Threw Up White-yellowish Liquid

Samnix74

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello, my 7 months old kitty threw up yellowish liquid like thing. It wasn't hairball, as I checked. It was clear. She's eating well and is dehydrated. Oh, and I don't know if she has a upset stomach but yesterday, she pooped a fair amount of runny and dark colored stool.. Sorry, I don't know how to put it into a single word. Any advice/help would be welcome.

Freedom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
You wrote she is 'dehydrated' but from the context, I think maybe you mean she is hydrated?

Usually the clear / yellow bile means the kitten has gone too long without food. Stomach acid will build up; it has nothing to work on to digest; and the result is spit up of the excess bile. For this, you can try giving her a treat late at night, just before you go to bed. Or you can put a bit of kibble out in her bowl. She will find it and eat it when she is hungry. Just 5 or 6 pieces should do it.

The runny dark stool is a separate issue, I think. Has she been dewormed? Is she indoor only?

darkhorse321

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Yellowish liquid is bile--some cats will throw this up---as long as kitty hasn't changed any other habits--but if stool is also loose, I'd take her to the vet just to make sure she isn't have any pancreatic issues. If she's eating and drinking fine, I wouldn't worry. If you ARE worried, call your vet and let them know what you've observed and see what they suggest :)