Kitty Swallowed The Nipple Of The Bottle! Help Please

NayeliJellyBean

Cat Lady since '08
Kitten
Purraise
I was feeding my kitty milo some milk this morning, the nipple of the bottle was slightly ripped already but I'm always cautious when feeding him with it and have been for the past 2 weeks I've has him (He's A month and 2 weeks old) and while I was feeding him I moved the bottle from his mouth and the nipple was gone! my first reaction was to check him mouth. No nipple, so the next thing I do is just look at him and tell him he better poop it out.

Is there anything I could do besides waiting for him to poop? He's acting fine with my other kitten Cheeto. Milo is running around jumping, climbing, playing as if nothing happened. I have no money to take him to a vet, please help

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
You can give him a tiny amount of vegetable oil (olive is good, others also work) to help ease things along. Was this just the end of the nipple? the "pokey-out" part? If so, it will almost certainly pass with no real problems, and I think you would have noticed if the entire nipple end had been pulled off...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

NayeliJellyBean

Cat Lady since '08
Kitten
Purraise
You can give him a tiny amount of vegetable oil (olive is good, others also work) to help ease things along. Was this just the end of the nipple? the "pokey-out" part? If so, it will almost certainly pass with no real problems, and I think you would have noticed if the entire nipple end had been pulled off...
it was the round cylinder part of the nipple, whats left is just the base of the nipple near the cap

NayeliJellyBean

Cat Lady since '08
Kitten
Purraise
how do i give him the vegetable oil?

NayeliJellyBean

Cat Lady since '08
Kitten
Purraise
OH GOOD! That's small enough that it will almost certainly pass on its own! Keep an eye on her (and her poop). If she stops eating, drinking, or using her box, she MUST see a vet, somehow, some way.

This might help if worse comes to worst...

No Money For Vet Care? How To Find Help And Save Your Cat's Life
thank you so much, also he hasn't stopped eating or drinking, I'm still giving him milk which he always meows for, and as for the nipple part basically the part the milk goes through the long part of the nipple, it was ripped near the round part of the base where it stems out from the bottle and he ripped it off while drinking and when i noticed i checked his mouth and didn't see it in his throat and he kept drinking more milk from the bottle. i fed him some more too, he mostly drinks milk

NayeliJellyBean

Cat Lady since '08
Kitten
Purraise
do i just like drizzle vegetable oil over his kitty food?

NayeliJellyBean

Cat Lady since '08
Kitten
Purraise
OH GOOD! That's small enough that it will almost certainly pass on its own! Keep an eye on her (and her poop). If she stops eating, drinking, or using her box, she MUST see a vet, somehow, some way.

This might help if worse comes to worst...

No Money For Vet Care? How To Find Help And Save Your Cat's Life
also thank you so much, also he hasn't stopped eating or drinking, I'm still giving him milk which he always meows for, and as for the nipple part basically the part the milk goes through the long part of the nipple, it was ripped near the round part of the base where it stems out from the bottle and he ripped it off while drinking and when i noticed i checked his mouth and didn't see it in his throat and he kept drinking more milk from the bottle. i fed him some more too, he mostly drinks milk

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
Jamie did something similar when I rescued him three years ago and he was fine. But use your own judgment if something suddenly does not seem right. As for vegetable oil, drizzling it on his food is a good idea and probably the safest way to go. Since he does take a bottle, maybe a little bit could be mixed with the formula.

NayeliJellyBean

Cat Lady since '08
Kitten
Purraise
Jamie did something similar when I rescued him three years ago and he was fine. But use your own judgment if something suddenly does not seem right. As for vegetable oil, drizzling it on his food is a good idea and probably the safest way to go. Since he does take a bottle, maybe a little bit could be mixed with the formula.
okay thank you, im going to drizzle some of the vegetable oil over the kitty food and mix a little in his formula

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
About 1/4 of a tsp will do it. You don't want to give him too much, or "things" will slide right on out in a rather uncontrolled manner. LOL, works for humans, as well! MUCH larger dosage, tho.

NayeliJellyBean

Cat Lady since '08
Kitten
Purraise
About 1/4 of a tsp will do it. You don't want to give him too much, or "things" will slide right on out in a rather uncontrolled manner. LOL, works for humans, as well! MUCH larger dosage, tho.
i put some vegetable oil on the bottom of the bowl and drizzled lightly on the kitty food and mixed it around and i made the formula with the tiniest amount of vegetable oil and he wanted the formula so i poured the milk into the food bowl and he drank the milk and ate some food from the bowl now

NayeliJellyBean

Cat Lady since '08
Kitten
Purraise
Don't fret unless he hasn't gone by tomorrow. Get back with us if that happens.
I think he's going to be fine! I just watched him *go* and no nipple but it didn't look like he was having trouble going poop and it came out like solid and slightly liquid (soft looking) so i think he's going to be fine! I'll probably give him more milk with the slightest amount of vegetable oil later, but how long do i keep doing it for ?

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If you really want to thoroughly check the poop for the nipple bit, put it in a baggie and squish it all nice and flat. It's kinda gross but it's better than trying to pick the poop apart with the scoop or a knife searching for a foreign object in the litter box.