Kitty Snuggles

homoki2002

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
We adopted our precious tabby baby girl Percy at nine months from the local shelter. She had already had a litter of kittens:frown: She was fostered for several months by a wonderful lady. When we adopted her in late May last year she was cuddly with my husband (who is a cat lover and a sweetheart). Now she is 17 months old and isn't as cuddly with him. She cuddles with me (the mommy) all the time. I know this is kinda of the "teen" years for a cat and things are changing for her. I do talk and interact with her somewhat more but wondered if there is anything I can do to help her cuddle with her daddy or if this is something time will work out. At first it was every morning. Now she does cuddle with him from time to time. Just wondering.

We lost our other baby girl last year and all you wonderful people were there for me. You are wonderful! I love this site and all you do :cheerleader:

sunnychloe

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
It could help if you both have a designated feeding time (: like, if you only feed them twice a day, one of you could feed in the morning and the other at night. That way your fur baby gets equal caring from both. This, and also play time with some treats could help strengthen that bond again. I know I saw a difference between my cat and the rest of my family when they put in more effort vs when they didn’t. They don’t snymore lol, but that’s because they don’t care to, so now she’s basically only bonded with me. But if he really wants that bond, this could help! x Even if he only plays with her for fifteen minutes a day, just them two, that could really help their relationship!

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Absolutely! Present your husband as The Giver of Good Things, be it supper, treats, playtime. Also, a nice, fleecy lap throw will attract a lot of cats, and make the husband comfy when watching TV!