Kitty Skin Problems……Again

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Luchia

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Quick update

The vet checked all the air quality information and nothing was found, He even commended how clean the air is inside my home, his words were “exceptionally clean” and he wishes more people with pets that have allergies kept it to my standard which was lovely to hear.

Shes been given an antibiotic for 7 days(Synulox) just as a precaution as he didn’t see any sign of infection but just to be on the safe side, the Isaderm has been stopped for now to give her a break from it but I’ve to keep using the Duo pads once a day(cooled in fridge).

They will probably bring the Isaderm back in a week or so to see if it helps after a break from it.

Luchia

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Update:

The Antibiotic tablets finished just over a week ago, she’s now on Pro Kolin for her upset tummy(this was a high risk with antibiotics).
The wound had reduced in size a little, she now has a Duo S3 Pyo pad applied on morning followed by VetSalve and in the evening she has weak salt water applied then VetSalve again.
She is also on a daily dose of Prednisone(5mg), The wound did start to dry and scab over but unfortunately the naughty little fluff managed to scratch it yesterday morning, The vet wasn’t too concerned about this as we expected setbacks to happen and she hasn’t increased the depth or size.

If the current treatment isn’t showing a decent amount of improvement by the 14th the vet wants to try Dermisol cream to be applied twice daily but for now wants to hold off on that.

I’ve included 2 pictures with my post in case anyone can see anything that could possibly be missed as her last appointment(today) was done via Video Call(to reduce the potential of stress).

The picture where the wound looks brown/better is from last week when it had started healing and the close up picture(wound looks worse) is from this morning, it appears more weepy due to the trauma and VetSalve balm.

I’m trying to remain positive about the current treatment plan as it had started working(as soon by the better picture) until she scratched it.

Attachments

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Have you tried putting soft claws on her so she can't hurt herself as badly? Sorry if this was already asked.

Luchia

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Have you tried putting soft claws on her so she can't hurt herself as badly? Sorry if this was already asked.
The vet already attempted it a few times but she has removed them after a few hours, They decided not to attempt it again as it could cause trauma to the claws when she’s chewing/pulling them off unfortunately