Kitty Scared To Death!

Doriocookie

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have a very large long hair ginger (Bubba) anyway, I've noticed that he is very skittish. He is 2 yrs old and an indoor outdoor cat.
About an hour ago our power went out due to severe winds. I realized Bubba was still outside so I called for him and he didn't come which is very unusual. I came back inside and heard him meowing so I went back out and found him huddled in the front yard. He wouldn't move so I carried him into the house and let him go. He was very scared and wouldn't come to me, still won't. He laid on the floor for a minute and started panting!
Please tell me he's just scared! I've never heard him do that before. He does get freaked out pretty easy ever since we moved from the home he was born in. We have only lived here about 6 months.
I don't know where he is right now, but I don't hear any panting.
I am an overly concerned mom so thank you for advice and support.

Catmomof2years

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Sounds like anxiety attack, did you adopt your cat? If so, possible abuse from past owner.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Doriocookie

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
No, but he had a twin brother that ran off when they were about a year old and he had some separation anxiety and then we moved about 6 months later and I could tell that he got very anxious over the changes. But never to the point of panting.
He seems to be doing better as I can hear him snoring.
Thank you

elliesvictim

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Yeah I've seen this behaviour in my cat. She fell off our first floor balcony. I made the mistake of trying to pick her up and she freaked out.
Leave him be, let him relax and come to you until then he may see you as a threat.
Unless he displays something urgent (bleeding, vomiting) leave him be