Kitty recovering from URI

KarenCatLady

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi everyone, I just joined, this looks like a nice place! I hope you don't mind if I immediately ask for some opinions about our cat Harley.
He has had an upper respiratory infection for just over a week now. He has been to the vet twice and is getting doxycycline and cerenia nose drops. All of his symptoms are pretty much gone except for the rattling in his nose at times and also sometimes a sort of little snort sound. Also he never purrs anymore which really concerns me.

I don't think he is actually struggling to get air but these noises are worrying me a bit. And they have been off and on, sometimes he will go most of the day breathing quietly and then the noises will start up. I did go out and get a humidifier for him, it's been running for a few hours now and I plan to keep it going.
Do you think I just haven't given it enough time or should I be worried?
Thank you so much for any answers!

Kittygarden

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi --
We had temporary stertor going with my cat. She'd rattle after laying down, or while having morning meal. It disappeared after a couple of weeks, suddenly, same way as it set on. Have a chat with your vet -- and monitor for it if vet isn't concerned.
Our cat has chronic URI, is okay now.
Hope your "rattle" goes away too.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

KarenCatLady

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi --
We had temporary stertor going with my cat. She'd rattle after laying down, or while having morning meal. It disappeared after a couple of weeks, suddenly, same way as it set on. Have a chat with your vet -- and monitor for it if vet isn't concerned.
Our cat has chronic URI, is okay now.
Hope your "rattle" goes away too.
Thanks Kittygarden. I did speak to the vet yesterday and she didn't seem seem overly concerned. But I tend to be a worrier. Harley is 15 years old and this is the first time he has been sick since he was little. I will try to be patient and I appreciate your advice.