Kitty Quirks

tallyollyopia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
In our house we have six cats; Rose (aka "Momma"), Princess, Ra, Spot, Asia, and Slipper. Asia's the kitty of this thread. We also have three adults; RB, AWM, and me. The human of this thread is AWM.

AWM and Asia tend to play this game, and I think it's cute. When AWM comes out in the morning for her coffee, Asia will leap into AWM's chair, just before AWM sits down. AWM will look at the cat and then proceed to sit down anyway, forcing Asia to jump down. Asia then jumps onto AWM's lap, turns to where her rear is facing AWM's face, and then carefully and deliberately raises her tail--to fart on AWM. It cracks me up every time I see it.

So, what Kitty Quirks do your babies have?

(BTW, this is Asia.)

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
That's funny.   I have a morning routine with my kitty Zoe.  She swarms around my legs until I sit down at my computer to take care of morning emails, and then she jumps on my lap and starts "bugging" (her nickname is Bug-Bug!).  She head butts my hands, licks my fingers, chews the corners of the laptop computer.  

I recently discovered a way to entertain her and distract her from bugging--I got her a kitty toothbrush and chicken flavored cat toothpaste and I brush her teeth while she's sitting on my lap!  She loves chewing on the toothbrush, it helps clean her teeth (a little bit anyway), and saves the corners of my laptop computer from little teeth marks. 

plan

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise

That's funny.   I have a morning routine with my kitty Zoe.  She swarms around my legs until I sit down at my computer to take care of morning emails, and then she jumps on my lap and starts "bugging" (her nickname is Bug-Bug!).  She head butts my hands, licks my fingers, chews the corners of the laptop computer.  

I recently discovered a way to entertain her and distract her from bugging--I got her a kitty toothbrush and chicken flavored cat toothpaste and I brush her teeth while she's sitting on my lap!  She loves chewing on the toothbrush, it helps clean her teeth (a little bit anyway), and saves the corners of my laptop computer from little teeth marks. 

My Buddy bugs me when I'm on the computer as well, and since I work from home I can't really let him go too far with it. So, I've got a nice little spot set up for him on the desk, just to my right, with a folded up towel to give him some padding, and an old t-shirt on top of it. I've also maneuvered it so his little spot is right below the desk lamp, which gives him some heat as well.

I'd say it works 80% of the time...the rest of the time he has no qualms about parking himself between me and the monitor so I can't do any more work until I acknowledge him and pet him. But mostly, he just likes being near me, and his spot lets him do that happily.

lmj1954

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Liberty Belle is 14 now, and every since she was 1 we have played a game, she knows the words that I say "I`m Gonna Get You!" She hunkers down and I

lean down and give her some real good back scratches, and she crawls on the floor with her tummy, I give her more scratches and lightly

slap each  side of her rear area back and forth (she is older now the the slaps are not as hard) then she will run across the room and I say

the words again and it goes on and on. ........this is a weird one we don`t play any more, when she was about 1 we had unpacked something

that came in a very large plastic bag, she ran in and hunkered down in it and we would swing in back and forth like she was on a amusement ride, and

we really swung that bag, she loved it, we kept that bag for a long time for her fun........could never do it now, she is at least 14 LBS.

kittywooo

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
In our house we have six cats; Rose (aka "Momma"), Princess, Ra, Spot, Asia, and Slipper. Asia's the kitty of this thread. We also have three adults; RB, AWM, and me. The human of this thread is AWM.

AWM and Asia tend to play this game, and I think it's cute. When AWM comes out in the morning for her coffee, Asia will leap into AWM's chair, just before AWM sits down. AWM will look at the cat and then proceed to sit down anyway, forcing Asia to jump down. Asia then jumps onto AWM's lap, turns to where her rear is facing AWM's face, and then carefully and deliberately raises her tail--to fart on AWM. It cracks me up every time I see it.

So, what Kitty Quirks do your babies have?

(BTW, this is Asia.)

Oh my that is hilarious !!! And what a beauty she is.

Can I just ask if Asia does a silent but deadly fart or does it make a noise?
My girl cat has stinky stealth farts that can clear a room ! And my boy cat I have heard make a gentle Pffft noise which always seems to startle him; he turns round to glare at his back end ! His dont smell. Hers sure do. Lol :)

kittywooo

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My lovely boy cat Magic has a thing for being towed across the bathroom floor on the fluffy bath mat ! He miaows and miaows til you follow him upstairs then he sits on the bath mat miaowing some more until you grab the 2 front corners and pull the mat back and forth across bathroom floor tiles ! He gets all happy and purrs like a motorbike engine revving up. And sometimes he'll roll around on the mat and attack the opposite end, kicking it while lying on his side. I sometimes stop towing the mat every few turns to scratch him behind his ears which he loves and presses his head hard into the hand esp against any rings on my fingers. Then demands more bath mat rides ! I can't remember how we discovered this quirk. I have been woken up early hours of morning from hearing full volume miaowing, getting me worried something is wrong, only for him to try herding me into bathroom for another ride on the magic moving mat !
In fact he is miaowing right now from the bathroom...

paganini

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Ha ha ha, just like my Taylor.  I described the game he plays in my previous post.  We call it Magic Carpet game.

What nice kitties on this page!  

Hello from Whitehorse, Yukon Canada

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tallyollyopia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh my that is hilarious !!! And what a beauty she is.

Can I just ask if Asia does a silent but deadly fart or does it make a noise?
My girl cat has stinky stealth farts that can clear a room ! And my boy cat I have heard make a gentle Pffft noise which always seems to startle him; he turns round to glare at his back end ! His dont smell. Hers sure do. Lol
think  it's a silent but deadly fart, but I don't know because I don't have a sense of smell.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
This is a tough one for me, because Hekitty has more quirks that a pig farm.  One of my favorite ones, though, is when she wants her Kitty Crack fix, she hooks her paw under one of the lower cabinet doors in the kitchen, pulls it open an inch or so, and lets go, letting it thump shut.  She repeats this until I get up and get the treat.  And is willing to do it for an hour solid.  That's as long as I can hold out.

lmj1954

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Freedom Belle had a sweet tooth. I discovered this the first time when I was eating a donut.  Faster than fast she swung her leg and a with her claw hooked that donut. From then on

whenever she saw me eating a donut she went nutso. I always gave her a very tiny piece with frosting on it, not not too much because I know that is not a good diet for the cat....or me!

Speaking of eating bad, me and hubby have a bowl of ice cream EVERY night, but I am so bad that is also has to have syrup, marshmallow fluff, banana and nuts....anyway Mya

sits there and stares at me the entire time I am eating it....but she does the same when I am eating dinner to, just as bad as a dog stares. 

kittywooo

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
This is a tough one for me, because Hekitty has more quirks that a pig farm.  One of my favorite ones, though, is when she wants her Kitty Crack fix, she hooks her paw under one of the lower cabinet doors in the kitchen, pulls it open an inch or so, and lets go, letting it thump shut.  She repeats this until I get up and get the treat.  And is willing to do it for an hour solid.  That's as long as I can hold out.
Oh that's so cute and clever! Love the name HeKitty too :)

What is her kitty crack btw? Wondering if it's catnip or food treats or a toy...?
Mine used to go nuts for Da Bird toy. They would watch which kitchen drawer it went into and then stand on their hind legs and paw at the drawer. Or sit on the counter just above, look down at the drawer (in a gargoyle kitty pose!) and try to paw the drawer open.

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Oh that's so cute and clever! Love the name HeKitty too

What is her kitty crack btw? Wondering if it's catnip or food treats or a toy...?
Mine used to go nuts for Da Bird toy. They would watch which kitchen drawer it went into and then stand on their hind legs and paw at the drawer. Or sit on the counter just above, look down at the drawer (in a gargoyle kitty pose!) and try to paw the drawer open.
The Kitty Crack it Temptations Cat Treats.  I know, they are horrible for her, but they are the ONLY treat she will even look at.  I've spent a small fortune that I really don't have trying to find a healthy treat that she doesn't turn her nose up at. 

Hekitty can open every door and drawer in the house, with the exception of the front door, which is a little stiff in its action.  I keep it deadbolted, just in case her frequent attempts to open it finally loosen the works.  NOTHING is safe from the dratted torty.  I keep her food and dangerous chemicals in (different) rubbermaid bins that she can't quite manage to pry open.   Living with her is quite an adventure.

kittywooo

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Awww that's so cute she sounds quite the character and very clever. Be thankful she doesn't have opposable thumbs,... or does she ?! [emoji]128521[/emoji]
They can be just like kids with their love of 'junk food'and don't worry if they treats are not that healthy as it's just treats not the whole diet. And at least it's cat treats and not something dangerous like human chocolate she is hankering for.

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

tallyollyopia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

The Kitty Crack it Temptations Cat Treats.  I know, they are horrible for her, but they are the ONLY treat she will even look at.  I've spent a small fortune that I really don't have trying to find a healthy treat that she doesn't turn her nose up at. 

Hekitty can open every door and drawer in the house, with the exception of the front door, which is a little stiff in its action.  I keep it deadbolted, just in case her frequent attempts to open it finally loosen the works.  NOTHING is safe from the dratted torty.  I keep her food and dangerous chemicals in (different) rubbermaid bins that she can't quite manage to pry open.   Living with her is quite an adventure.
At least she can't open the Rubbermaid bins yet! (Do you get the ones that lock?)

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise

At least she can't open the Rubbermaid bins yet! (Do you get the ones that lock?)
This is true, and yes, I get the ones that lock.  I'm afraid that she'd eventually wear down the ones that just "click" closed.  Very determined creature, is that pussycat that I'm enslaved to.