Kitty Poop (dingleberries?)

Gfwilkinson05

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi all! Hopefully I can get some advice on my kitty poop matter!

She's 11 weeks old and been with us two weeks. No issues at first, we had her on whiskas but she just didn't seem that keen, or last Tuesday we changed her to Felix as good as it looks kitten, which she loves and finishes her meal every time.

This morning I came downstairs and thought she's dragged one of her dry biscuits out of the bowl and left it in the living room, but when I picked it up it was soft, and after a quick sniff it was definetly a tiny piece of poop. I think it must have been stuck to her bum after a deposit in the tray.

There were also a couple of small brown smudges on the windowsill.

This morning she cried in the litter box and went for what looked to my husband to be a big and probably uncomfortable poop.

After this she ran to the window again to look outside, and again left little smudge sprints off her butt when sitting there. She went to clean herself but got distracted by her tail.

I've cleaned the window now, and after trying to check her bum without her noticing there doesn't appear to be anything amiss that I can tell.

Should we be worried and take her to the vet, or give her a day and see if this happens with her next poop? It's not happened before so I wonder if it's just the change of food?

Thanks for the advice, I've added a picture of her... And the poopy windowsill before it's clean!

Attachments

verna davies

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
She is very pretty, sweet little face.
I would think it is the change of food, it often happens. You said she cried when she was in the litter tray, was the poop hard? Just keep an eye on her, make sure there is plenty of water for her to drink and if possible watch her use the litter tray to make sure there are no signs of distress.

Purr-fect

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think it might be the food change. If she were my cat I would monitor her for a few days and keep her clean. ImwoI w ensure she has fresh drinking water available all the time.

If we ran to the vets every time greg or arnold had a messy episode or threw up, we would have to sell a family car.