Kitty Medication

stellasmommy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
483F99C6-DC71-4E0F-83FE-23907F3856D1.jpeg
AAA133A6-53F1-429A-B4F5-EF02DFC55CF8.jpeg
Hi guys! My boyfriend and I just got our baby Stella about two weeks ago and took her to the vet a week after we got her because she was having diarrhea after I sprinkled kitty bloom on her food and her breeder got upset because it’s not the one our Stella is used to. So we got that taken care of and got the vitamins she’s used to taking. Our vet prescribed us with clavamox, terramycin, sulcrufate and metronidazole and told us to give it to her every 12 hours. My boyfriend and I work work the whole day and have been trying our best but so far we have been giving it to her once a day. She has gotten a lot better and her stool became normal right after we took her to the vet and they gave her a shot of the antibiotics. We’re supposed to continue the medications for 10 days. Stella has been eating, drinking, playing perfectly. She sneezes every now and then but other than that nothing is wrong! Should we stop her medication on the 10th day or continue since we have only been giving it to her once? Her eyes weren’t that bad when we took her to the vet it had gotten so much better now and have had no problems with her going to her litter box at all. She is a 4 month old white Persian.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
View attachment 223129 We’re supposed to continue the medications for 10 days. Stella has been eating, drinking, playing perfectly. She sneezes every now and then but other than that nothing is wrong! Should we stop her medication on the 10th day or continue since we have only been giving it to her once?
I'd call the vet and ask if the meds can be stopped on day 10 or if they need to be continued longer since you have only been giving them once a day.

Is it not possible to give the meds first thing in the morning and then again when you return home in the evening?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

stellasmommy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I'd call the vet and ask if the meds can be stopped on day 10 or if they need to be continued longer since you have only been giving them once a day.

Is it not possible to give the meds first thing in the morning and then again when you return home in the evening?
We’ve tried giving it to her in the morning and she runs around everywhere and hides and it’s been so frustrating :(

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Put her in the bathroom, close the door, give her the meds, and feed breakfast immediately afterwards? Have you tried mixing the meds into some stinky canned food? Flagyl (metronidazole) is nasty tasting stuff no cats like, even if hidden in food or tuna :barfgreen:. You can get it in pill form which a Pill Pocket works greats for.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

stellasmommy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yes we have tried mixing it with food. The first time it worked she ate the whole thing but after that she hasn’t been eating it. Really can’t afford any more cat scratches!! I will try pill pocket

JulieTuesday

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
We’ve tried giving it to her in the morning and she runs around everywhere and hides and it’s been so frustrating :(
Hi I'm new to the forum but wanted to offer a suggestion. There is an online pharmacy that makes flagyl in a tiny tab. A few other options as well. wedgewoodpetrx.com 1-877-357-6613.