Kitty Mansions Cat trees

raina21

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I just ordered their Mount Hood model for my 3 large kitties :

https://kittymansions.com/products/mount-hood?variant=3624945861

I waited a month for it to finally be back in stock! I couldn't Find any reviews for it anywhere though. I did find one user in instagram that had it, and she assured me that it was very sturdy and held up to her three kitties racing up and down it all day.

Does anyone else have this cat tree or another tree by kitty mansions? From what I've read in reviews of their other trees, they seem to be good quality and sturdy. I'm just looking for opinions on quality since I've already bought the tree. I'm wondering if I'll have to stabilize the tree by securing it to the wall (with L brackets secured to the wall and the underside of one of the platforms).

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

raina21

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
??? Anyone have any opinions about Kitty Mansions cat trees?

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It looks lovely.  Beyond that, I have no way to tell as I can't afford anything that nice for Jasmine.  The main problem with the angle brackets plan is that it makes it difficult to change its location.

I think you're just going to have to try it and find out how it works for your cats.  If it seems unstable to you when you set it up, go with the angle bracket.  If not, try it without, making sure your cats are supervised for the first few hours, until you know for sure that it's safe for them.

Sorry I can't be more assistance.

Margret

raina21

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
It looks lovely.  Beyond that, I have no way to tell as I can't afford anything that nice for Jasmine.  The main problem with the angle brackets plan is that it makes it difficult to change its location.

I think you're just going to have to try it and find out how it works for your cats.  If it seems unstable to you when you set it up, go with the angle bracket.  If not, try it without, making sure your cats are supervised for the first few hours, until you know for sure that it's safe for them.

Sorry I can't be more assistance.

Margret
Lol the only reason I could afford to buy it is because I just got lucky and won $500 off of a $25 scratch off ticket.

No worries about changing it's location though. I have a very small house and I only have one spot where it can go. I chose this model because it is tall and had a small footprint, so it will fit in the same spot as the smaller one we have from petco. I'm just hoping it is sturdy.

abby2932

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I have this cat tree by Kitty Mansions:

Best quality cat tree I've ever bought. I would not go back to a regular carpet cat tree.

I've had it for over a year now and it has held up fantastic. I will need to replace the bottom posts at some point because my girl Kali scratches the heck out if it. But everyone who sees the tree has commented on how great and different it looks than any other piece of cat furniture. [emoji]128522[/emoji]

Malibu can climb it just fine and he's 10-11 pounds. He doesn't spend a lot of time on it though. Kali loves it though. She scratches and stretches on it all the time and sometimes sleeps on the very top post if Malibu and I are taking up the whole bed.

raina21

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I have this cat tree by Kitty Mansions:

Best quality cat tree I've ever bought. I would not go back to a regular carpet cat tree.

I've had it for over a year now and it has held up fantastic. I will need to replace the bottom posts at some point because my girl Kali scratches the heck out if it. But everyone who sees the tree has commented on how great and different it looks than any other piece of cat furniture. [emoji]128522[/emoji]

Malibu can climb it just fine and he's 10-11 pounds. He doesn't spend a lot of time on it though. Kali loves it though. She scratches and stretches on it all the time and sometimes sleeps on the very top post if Malibu and I are taking up the whole bed.

It's great to hear from someone who has bought a tree from them! And I'm glad to hear that the trees are good quality! The tree that we have now (the one I got from petco) is too small and wobbles quite a bit when they jump on it, not so much that it will fall over, it just looks rather unstable.

I have 2 female Mainecoon mixes. One is 9 and 1/2 to 10 pounds and the other is about 11 pounds. And I also have a male Norwegian Forest cat, he is only about 6 months old and he is already over 9 pounds (yet he is still much smaller in size than my 2 females, and you can tell that he's still got a lot of growing to do). I can see him being 20+ pounds when he is full grown. So the tree being sturdy is extremely important.

I just got my shipping notice on Monday, and the new tree is going to be here on Thursday or Friday of this week! Can't wait to get it and set it up so I can watch my kitties play on it. :)

I'll post a picture of it after I get it all set up :) I'll probably leave the leaves off of it though, I can just see my cats ripping them off and chewing on them.

Last edited:

raina21

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
My Kitty Mansions cat tree is going to be here today! I've been sitting here checking the delivery status on my phone all morning, but it still says "out for delivery".

I can't wait to get it set up. I'll post pictures after I get it all set up (which won't be until late tonight because I have to work until 9 tonight) :) .

abby2932

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
 Super exciting! Yes, I tossed the leaf vines a few days after I took that picture...Kali started destroying them so they had to go. 

I found my receipt and I've had that tree since June 2014 so almost 2 years now and it still looks so great. AND I had bought it on sale for $119 and free shipping! I know when I had my regular carpet cat tree from Petco, it was much more expensive, much less stable, did not hold up nearly as well and was less visually appealing. 

I think you will love your new tree.

raina21

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Alright so I got it all set up! (Please pardon the poor quality of the pictures, my phone's camera is AWFUL in low light).

But here are. Some pictures :)

Okay so I knew this tree was going to be large, but it is truely MASSIVE. The picture online doesn't show its size very well. So in person it looked much bigger than I was expecting (it still fits where I need it to fit so that's fine).

This was a teensy bit difficult to put together on my own but, I managed to do it in about two and a half hours. The instructions were simple and easy to follow.

After it was done, to take a picture, I had to stand pretty far back, I actually had to walk into the middle of my kitchen in order to fit the whole tree in the frame.

It seems sturdy enough, my carpet is a little on the plush side, so there is a bit of slight wobbling, but I haven't secured the ceiling clamp/stabilizer thing yet because I literally can't reach it even when I use a stepstool, so I'll have to get my dad to tighten that up sometime.

Zazzie couldn't wait to try out the house, (she climbed in there while I was still working on the tree).

They all started exploring the tree immediately as soon as it was finished. :)

Zazzie was being bad and trying to climb the fireplace.

And here's a link to an instagram video of them enjoying the tree:

Last edited:

abby2932

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Much bigger than I imagined as well! It looks perfect. My cats would love the baskets on there. I may consider that tree in the future when I move into a bigger house.

Good job!

graywing

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I'm glad to hear of reviews for this company's cat trees.  I've been wanting to invest in a cat tree but I've been wanting to get one that's very tall yet very stable and one that would work well for large sized cats.  I'd be really tempted to try out the Mount Hood as well.  My only concern is that our ceilings are either extremely high and in a lot of spaces slanted so I worry if I can still use the part to help it stabilize.

raina21

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I'm glad to hear of reviews for this company's cat trees.  I've been wanting to invest in a cat tree but I've been wanting to get one that's very tall yet very stable and one that would work well for large sized cats.  I'd be really tempted to try out the Mount Hood as well.  My only concern is that our ceilings are either extremely high and in a lot of spaces slanted so I worry if I can still use the part to help it stabilize.
How tall are your ceilings? The stabilizer adjusts to up to 9ft ceilings. Also, if you don't put it on carpet, I don't think you'd even need to use the stabilizer. The only reason mine wobbles is because I have thick, plush carpet (if I cant get the ceiling stabilizer to work, I'll just anchor it to the wall with L-brackets, since it's never going to be moved). All three of my cats are 10lb+ (well, Tesla is just over 9lbs but he's only 6 months old, so he's still got a lot of growing to do) and it's quite stable, even the baskets, which are held up by very strong/thick metal rings.

graywing

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I think the lowest ceilings might be 9 feet but I'm not sure.  If so then that'd work!  It's sorta funny.  I stood up to try to figure out the height because I'm just barely under five feet.  And it seems like it's a bit less than two of me high.  I'll have to use a ladder to get a more accurate measure.

catpack

TCS Veteran
Kitten
Purraise
I'm just now seeing your thread. I have 4 models of KM trees (Amazon, Mini-Amazon, Hollywood, and Troy) and am considering purchasing the Mt. Hood as well as the Big Horn. I too LOVE KM trees. This and Armarkat are the only brands I purchase, though KM is my favorite.

Thank you for posting these pics! I love that this particular model has super thick posts and large baskets. My kitties talk range in weight from 9.5 lbs to 18.5 and baskets on other trees simply cannot hold the weight.

raina21

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I'm just now seeing your thread. I have 4 models of KM trees (Amazon, Mini-Amazon, Hollywood, and Troy) and am considering purchasing the Mt. Hood as well as the Big Horn. I too LOVE KM trees. This and Armarkat are the only brands I purchase, though KM is my favorite.

Thank you for posting these pics! I love that this particular model has super thick posts and large baskets. My kitties all range in weight from 9.5 lbs to 18.5 and baskets on other trees simply cannot hold the weight.
The baskets on the Mount hood are really quite strong. One of my cats weighs 12-13 pounds and she can lay in them just fine. The rings that hold them are nice and thick metal and don't buckle/bend down much (like the bending is barely noticeable) unless they try to jump/launch themselves out of the baskets and put all their weight and strength on the rings, but even then, the rings just spring back up.

The only issue I have with this tree is its not staggered very well as far as the solid platforms go, the cats kinda have to vertically climb the posts in order to jump to the next level. But I solved that problem by placing our old scratching post/very small cat tree directly in front of it so that they have a solid platform that they can use to jump to the 2nd level on the Mount Hood.

raina21

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I think the lowest ceilings might be 9 feet but I'm not sure.  If so then that'd work!  It's sorta funny.  I stood up to try to figure out the height because I'm just barely under five feet.  And it seems like it's a bit less than two of me high.  I'll have to use a ladder to get a more accurate measure.
The average door frame is 7 feet tall, you could use those to guess the height as well.

abby2932

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise

Thank you for posting these pics! I love that this particular model has super thick posts and large baskets. My kitties talk range in weight from 9.5 lbs to 18.5 and baskets on other trees simply cannot hold the weight.
Out of the four Kitty mansion cat trees that you have, which would you say your cats like the most?

catpack

TCS Veteran
Kitten
Purraise
Out of the four Kitty mansion cat trees that you have, which would you say your cats like the most?
It's definitely a tie between the Amazon and the Troy trees.

I will mention that the Troy tree I have is an older model that had a hole in the top platform (crucial for some of my special needs kitties with mobility issues.) I purchased a newer model about a year ago for a group of kittens and it did not have the hole. I was very disappointed and, if purchasing again, I would not get this tree if it didn't the hole in that platform.

I have 2 of the regular size Amazon tree and it is *my* absolute favorite to date. Very sturdy even with my 18.5 pounder jumping off the top. I've had mine for over two years and, aside from needing to be taken apart for a good vacuuming/cleaning, it is still in excellent shape. No other brand of tree has lasted me this long.

valentine319

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
What is the covering on the cat areas? Are they easy to vacuum/delint? I've got crappy fake fleece ones. I've been trying to recover one with carpet but I'm thinking my days of diy are over.