Kitty Licks. A lot.

rebsbabe

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi.  My kitty, Delilah is purr-fect as far as I am concerned.  I am pretty sure that she was about 7 weeks old when I came upon her.  She has one odd behavior that starts out endearing and cute and progresses, quickly, to annoying.  She licks me (and others, including strangers) a lot.  She does a little lick to peoples hand to say hello.  That is sweet and cute.  When I want to hold her and she wants down, she licks me. She will not stop until I put her down.  I know it sounds weird, but I know she in communicating in some way with the licking.  I think that some of it stemmed from being weaned too early.  I really feel like she is trying to express an idea, like "please" and "thank you" and "hello" with a small lick.  IDK  It is kinda weird.  Has anyone ever had a weirdly licky kitty?

She even snuck in a lick here.

jaosf

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Adorable pic! One of my 4yo Holly's nicknames is "puppy-cat", she licks people so much. She will exfoliate you and then some! She licks faces to get us up in the morning. After breakfast she likes to jump up for a ride on your shoulders and lick your face some more. She'll try to give your face another good wash before she settles in for a nap on your lap. She does manage to take long baths of her own too. I haven't met any communication-lickers like Delilah. That is so cute.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

rebsbabe

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Delila does lik to communicate and to bathe, but the excessive licking, I think, is because she was weaned too early. She was right about 7 weeks old when I found her.