Kitten
Purraise
Shes been eating it for about 4 weeks now

Wile

Opener of cans
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Shes been eating it for about 4 weeks now
If it is only 4 weeks than I guess it is too soon to tell if the new diet will work or not. If you find that it doesn't work though for your next step you might want to consider doing a prescription hypoallergenic diet sold through your vet's office. Many limited ingredient diets can be great, but are not necessarily hypoallergenic and can contain ingredients not listed on the label. That can trigger some extremely sensitive cats.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Yes, try the tea. Just chill it well in the fridge, and swab it on. I've seen it stop the itching of eczema immediately, and used it for my neighbor's baby when he was bitten by fire ants. It is safe for humans, cats, dogs, rats and horses, to my certain knowledge.

Also, if this is stress related, you can use it internally as a gently calming agent. Administer via syringe by placing the tip of the syringe between the cheek and gum, and SLOWLY injecting the tea, allowing time for swallowing. The dosage for cats is 1-3 teaspoonfuls up to 3 times a day, although if your cat weighs over 12 pounds, you can certainly increase to 1-3 tablespoonfuls safely.

And drink a cup, hot and sweetened with honey, yourself! You deserve to relax a little after all of this!

PushPurrCatPaws

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
J Jln9915 - Oh, your poor kit!

Would you be able to take photos of the insides of both of your kitty's ears, so we can see? If your camera has the option of snapping two shots in quick succession (one with flash, one without), we could also see the interior of her ears in dfferent lighting.

I am very curious to see what her ears look like. What I am wondering about is if the vet checked specifically to rule out if a yeast/fungal infection could have spread from her ears/ neck, outward.

Some of the patterns of this really make me think of a severe flea reaction, but things could also be more complicated than that -- it could be multifaceted.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Jln9915

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I can get a shot of them when I get home from work today, her ears seem clean and she doent really mess with them I dont think she has ear.mites or anything like that I never thought about fungal or yeast and the vet never mentioned anything about that as well. I called a few different offices today now I just have to make my choice out of them. Maybe a prescription diet would work better I'm picking up some of the tea on my way home from work so she can atleast have a little relief for now

Kflowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
google reviews and complaints they have them for vets just as they do for doctors and house painters. It couldn't hurt.

You can google side effects for each flea medicine too.