Kitty is constipated, how long should Laxatone take to kick in?

squiddz

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My cat Luna hasn't pooped in a few days, so I took her to the vet today. I've only had Luna a couple of months, so this was her first visit to a vet with me. She did NOT like it at all. She was found as a stray by the shelter, I think animal control probably handled her fairly roughly and she has very bad memories of being in a carrier and going to the vet. Anyway, as a result, the vet was not able to take an x-ray (she'd need to be sedated and she didn't want to do that until it was absolutely necessary), and when she tried giving her an enema, Luna shrieked and leapt off the examination table. But she did get a feel of her belly and said that while there was some firmness, it didn't feel like there was a huge blockage in there. The vet ended up giving me some Laxatone for her, which she has taken quite well mixed into her food. She's tried twice to go to the bathroom this evening, digging up a little hole in the litter box, but nothing happened. She seems healthy in basically every other way - still eats, hasn't lost weight, isn't sluggish and lethargic and still wants to play with me and her toys. So I'm just wondering if any of you guys have used Laxatone, how long did it take for you to see results?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

squiddz

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
She pooped this morning, woohoo!

Thanks Linda2summers, I will definitely be reviewing her diet. She had been happily eating the wet food I've been giving her for about 2 months without any digestive issues, but I will look into other brands now.