Kitty is at peace now

meowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Today I made the almost harder than possible decision to PTS my baby Manx cat Kitty. She had Manx syndrome her whole life, and I cleaned up the poop no matter how much or how messy without any complaints. Lately she was not herself and I knew that it was time. Her poor backside was always covered in diarrhea and ill spare her dignity by not sharing the rest.

Ill never forget the first time I saw her, my fur baby. She was my 25th year birthday present from my now husband. He told me over the phone to go open the bathroom door, my present was there. I had no idea what it could be. A plant or puppy maybe? When I opened the door, a tiny grey kitten sat before me. She looked up at me and quietly meowed at me. It was like she knew I would love her, and it was ment to be.

She slept next to me for the next 3 years almost, until her rear end became too messy consistently and then she slept on a cat tower not 3 feet from my bedside. She would follow me around the house, and I would see her at the window when my car pulled in. She loved to lay on me, especially when I wore my purple robe, and knead me and purr. I keep expecting to see her big eyes watching me from nearby, but she's gone. I can't stop crying, so ill end this now.

Kitty, I loved you so much, I love you so much. You were so much more than a cat, you were always like a little person to me. My heart will always ache.

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
I'm so sorry for your loss.  It's always the hardest decision, but you can take comfort in knowing that you were thinking of Kitty and not yourself.  Keep the good memories close.

Play happily at the bridge, Kitty.

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
May your precious little girl always be with you in your heart. :hugs:

:rbheart: Rest in peace beloved Kitty. :rbheart:

Last edited:

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Very sorry for your loss and my deepest sympathies go out to you :hugs:. You were a good meowmy to :rbheart: Kitty and made the right decision for her sake :sniffle:

RIP Sweet :rbheart: Kitty :rbheart:

darlili

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so sorry - I hope time can ease the pain, and try to remember what a wonderful life here you gave your baby.  And she'll be waiting, healthy and happy, over the Bridge til you can join her.

tntrouble456

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I'm so so sorry for the passing of Kitty. You have been wonderful to your friend and she knew how much she meant to you from the very day she came to you until you made the most loving decision you ever had to make for HER needs. She is running free tonight with no pain. 
  Brenda