Kitty Holster Seems Too Short- Other Jacket Recommendations?

marblesmom

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I have bought Marbles a regular and then a narrow-neck Kitty Holster walking jacket. She is a very small (6.5-lb) slim 1-yr-old cat. In the regular one, she could not bend her neck down- it choked her. She does pretty well with the narrow-neck one, but the entire length of the jacket just seems too short?? When she lies down, it gets really tight and pulls at her neck. If I loosen the neck, it is right at the end of the Velcro and it also then seems too loose when she's standing upright. (She has an XS- supposed to be up to 9" neck; her neck is 8". The S/M is 9-12".

Has anyone had this problem with a Kitty Holster? If so- is there another brand you recommend with a longer body? I have read that walking jackets are harder to escape than regular harnesses, so have been reluctant to try a Come With Me Kitty/similar-type harness. I also previously ordered a SafetyKatz jacket, but it was too small and they don't take returns, so I was reluctant to try ordering another.

I saw someone in another post recommended this one, and the price is great...anyone else with experience with this type? https://www.petco.com/shop/en/petco...C_P_WEB_CJ_FY16_2470763-_-6171280-_-11030085#

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Have you looked at Etsy.com for walking harnesses? Many sellers will do custom-made ones if you prefer a longer length or something.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My cat escaped from the Kitty Holster walking jacket and was gone for 2 days. I want to try the Come With Me Kitty one.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

marblesmom

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Ooh maggiedemi that makes me nervous

NewYork1303

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hyendry_cat_walking_jackets_and_harness

I like these personally. The lady is really nice and they are willing to customize just about everything. You can email them and they get back to you right away to answer questions.

I prefer the double lock jackets. These feature buckles and velcro for a much tighter and escape proof fit. Carrot got out of his Kitty Holster, but can't get out of this one.
IMG_7046.JPG

dustydiamond1

Minion to Gypsy since October 2016
Top Cat
Purraise
We have a x-small narrower neck Kitty holster for Gypsy, she's about 8.5 lbs. If the Kitty holster is fitted correctly, tight enough that it is just loose enough to slide 2 fingers next to each other under the jacket, it is very difficult for the cat to escape, however you must make sure to keep NO tension on the leash and jacket if the cat is facing you. The jacket was rather stiff at first but softened up after being worn awhile. It looks short on her body but is very secure. side jacket.jpg Jacket fit odd angle.jpg 201jacket head down wash pk70903_153301-1.jpg