Kitty hiding in house?

betina07

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi, I just joined The Cat Site today. I have an issue that I am very stressed about. My husband and I live in San Jose, CA. We are on our annual vacation in Bellingham, Washington. One of our kitties, a very smart, slic k, though very sweet kitties named Webbie, has not shown himself to my cat sitter. We are positive he did not get outside, though he has not been seen since we left early Tuesday am. I am worried like crazy and so is my husband. We are scheduled to return on Tuesday night. Though in the meantime, this is having a big damper on our time here with family, etc. Does anyone have any ideas. I asked my sitter to open all closet doors and put wet food out in just about every room. He loves canned cat food. I have pics, if that helps. Thank you. Wendy

ondine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We have a kitty who hides from the cat sitter too.

If your cat is eating and there is evidence that he's pooping, maybe she can just leave well enough alone until you get home.  If he's like our kitty, he won't come out for at least half a day when you get home, anyway.

The only thing I can think of that might put your mind at ease is if the cat sitter leaves a video camera running on the floor by one of the food bowls.  If you catch a glimpse of him, it will reassure you.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

betina07

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you, Ondine, We have a multiple cat household, so difficult to monitor eating & pooping. However, I really appreciate your advice and especially about the video camera. Just having someone to talk to outside our zone is very comforting. Appreciate everything. :)