Kitty Doesn't Like Wearing A Collar

Garak

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My cat is still basically a baby--baby--she's 4 months old and I only spayed her last week. I got her an adjustable collar so I can adjust it as she grows. She seems okay wearing it in general, but she keeps fighting with her name tag. She'll play with it and sometimes she'll hold it in her teeth even. She really doesn't like it but I don't want to take it off her because it says she has a microchip amd what database it's in. It's the smallest tag I could find, and her collar is as tight as she can safely have it and still pull herself loose. Wjat sjould I do?

NewYork1303

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My cats wear collars that are custom embroidered. One of my cats will chew her tag until it is unreadable and will chew the other cats tags as well.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They fuss with them for about a month, then usually leave them alone. If they don't, then the embroidered collar or boomerang tag might be an option. The one thing I liked about the embroidered collar is that it can be washed.

danteshuman

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I like the boomer rang tag. I never used tags because they irritated my cats so much. My cats have been collar free the last couple of months. I only make them wear collars so if they get lost people know they are pets. One of my cats (always the punk) kept taking his break away collars off. I got so fed up with him as a ?6? month old kitten that I super glued his break away collar. It did train him to quit taking his collar off. On the bad side he could have choked. So I wouldn't recommend it. Just buy extra cheap collars and keep putting them on her. The vet wound up cutting it off during his yearly visit ... and I pretended I didn't know why his collar wouldn't come off. :bigeyes: