Kitty Curses

Salinaaa6

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Has anyone else ever referred to your cat shaking it's paw as 'kitty curses' or something like it? My family has always referred to it as that, but I was googling it and the closest I could find was one article saying "Usually paw shaking is either a sign of pain or disgust"

susanm9006

Lola
Top Cat
Purraise
Never heard of that. One of the most frequent reasons a cat may shake their paw is because they have gotten it wet or they have stepped on something. They may also shake their paw if it is bothering them, like an ingrown claw or a sore on their paw pad.

orange&white

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Where is your family from originally? There are lots of interesting cat myths, tales and folklore across cultures.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Salinaaa6

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Where is your family from originally? There are lots of interesting cat myths, tales and folklore across cultures.
New Jersey! Now you know that every time your car shakes it's paw it's cursing xD

Salinaaa6

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Never heard of that. One of the most frequent reasons a cat may shake their paw is because they have gotten it wet or they have stepped on something. They may also shake their paw if it is bothering them, like an ingrown claw or a sore on their paw pad.
I know all those things are causes, but my cats have always just randomly done it when they seem disgusted by something... Maybe they are just more offensive than other cats haha

orange&white

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
New Jersey! Now you know that every time your car shakes it's paw it's cursing xD
I meant ancestry (like mine is northern European). Were you looking for the origin of a superstition or myth about cats?

There is some interesting reading on the topic, but I can't find any curses from paw shaking. :)

Here is a list of cat folklore and superstition: CatStuff: Folklore and Superstitions

Salinaaa6

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I meant ancestry (like mine is northern European). Were you looking for the origin of a superstition or myth about cats?

There is some interesting reading on the topic, but I can't find any curses from paw shaking. :)

Here is a list of cat folklore and superstition: CatStuff: Folklore and Superstitions
Oh! I don't mean curses like witch curses, I mean curses like swear words lol

orange&white

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, haha! :crackup:

Well I did enjoy reading a few articles to help you research cat paws and curses. I was just researching the wrong thing. :flail:

susanm9006

Lola
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh! I don't mean curses like witch curses, I mean curses like swear words lol
Oh, got you. I had one cat, a bad tempered long haired Siamese who would walk around muttering and cackling to herself whenever I annoyed her by telling her no or to get down. I always thought she was cussing me out.

Last edited:

Salinaaa6

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Oh, got you. I had one cat, a bad tempered long haired Siamese who would walk around muttering and cackling to herself whenever I annoyed her by telling her no to get down. I always,thought she was cussing me out.
I love it when cats get an attitude and that sound hilarious!!

Yanaka

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I can imagine the kitty thinking "sh** what the h*** is this???" whilst shaking off water or tape off their beans :lol: