Kitty Cuddles

sezer geezer

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Sezer is now 9 months old and he is becoming more and more independent and rarely comes to us now for cuddles or affection
. When he was a kitten he would constantly jump on to our laps to be stroked but now he won't settle and if we try to cuddle him he meows and digs his claws in. Is there anything we can do to get more cuddles?

puppycat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
just be patient with him and don't force cuddle time. When he is ready, he will come to you. My kitty went through this phase but she is as cuddly as ever now. Don't worry... your guy will get back in the cuddly swing of things

meow meow

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I thought my cat (almost 1 year) was getting more attention-seeking them for a whole week he changed. I would go lay in bed to watch tv (he would usually lay on me then) -- instead he would sit under the chair or even under the bed. The more I pushed it (tried to pick him up, pet him, etc...) the more he fought me.

Anyhow, it seems to have past. He took a nice nap on me last night in bed. Sometimes he definately needs some convincing though.

This is probably just a phase with your cat.