Kitty cold.

arjay alba

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I have noticed startied yesterday that my kitty sneezes. Its very seldom but I do worry for her health. Still she is very playful and her appetite for food does not change. There were no discharge from her nose, but this afternoon i found her eyes little bit teary.

She is an inddor cat, so to where she get the cold virus? Our home is also far from a vet clinic, should i bring her to the clinic as soon as possible?

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
How many days has this went on for, it could be allergies as well?

My three are indoor cats, but they still managed to pick up a cold once

The first two l took to the vet, and he cave them an antibiotic shot, but said really  it's like us having the common cold and usually lasts several days, so unless it's really bad just to let it run it's course?.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

arjay alba

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I fsirst notice it last day... She's still active even with cold.. Can the virus causing cat colds transferred to man? She kiss me in the cheek just right now.:rbheart:

shirazi1

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
No a cat can not transfer a cold to a human or us to them. She may need a shot to get rid of the cold. Mine just had to get one from having one.

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
No cat's can't catch our cold.

Personally l would keep an eye on her for the next three days, and if there's no improvement take her to the vet. The fact that she's still acting normal is a good sign

Last edited: