Kitty and so much stress.

felinelover2

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I think the camera in the closet is a great idea. I'm sure he'll come around eventually. Glad he is safe now.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

AustinPRDad

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thought I’d post an update. Hopefully this is my final update on this, and more so, I hope this thread helps out another Kitty.
Over the last 72 hours, things really turned around for the better. He has been showing that outdoor behavior when he escaped. Just now, hiding in the closet. He would not play, but would use his scratching pad. He only used the litter box in the bathroom. This past Sunday, he started using his old litter box, and eating his dry food. Now he’s not even going in the closet. He gets up in the morning, tells me it’s time for wet food. He’s back to watching out the window. He rubs all up on the dogs. He’s about 90% back to his kitty self. Here’s the really strange observation I made last night. The time he went missing, to the time I found him and brought him home is within 2 days of this time of his outdoor behavior. I’m chalking this up to KTSD, and when we left something triggered him going back to that outdoor behavior. When he started making appearances and the way I had to take him to food was a lot like that outdoorness. What does everyone here think of this? Have you had similar experiences with a cat that got out and was found weeks later? I’m kinda paranoid about leaving him alone overnight again.

JulieHarr

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Good to hear he is doing so well now. My cats have always been in/out cats, so no experience with an inside cat getting out.