Kittens

Jaxandtheboyz

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I got these two little ones and don’t have much information on what breed they could be or anything about the parents ... everyone seems to thinks they have Bengal in them. They have completely different personalities than my other 6 month old kitten & they seem to act more like dogs. The cat scanner app said Bengal as well!! I think they may be a mix breed of some sort but could they have Bengal in them? they seem to have a lot of Bengal characteristics & traits. Any other breed they may be? Help please lol

Attachments

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Jaxandtheboyz

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I got these two little ones and don’t have much information on what breed they could be or anything about the parents ... everyone seems to thinks they have Bengal in them. They have completely different personalities than my other 6 month old kitten & they seem to act more like dogs. The cat scanner app said Bengal as well!! I think they may be a mix breed of some sort but could they have Bengal in them? they seem to have a lot of Bengal characteristics & traits. Any other breed they may be? Help please lol

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They look very similar to my Boone except he has white on his face and paws. I am also told he is part Bengal but have also been told that just because he has spots, he isn't necessarily part Bengal. So... it will be interesting to hear what others say about yours.

By the way, if that is your view in the "sassy little girl" picture, it's awesome. I live near a boat marina but not that close that I can see that sort of view from my front yard.

Jaxandtheboyz

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
They have no white except a little bit in the chin area...

Not sure how she slipped in the mix of uploading pics I’m clearly new at this hahaha

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They are adorable, and look very sweet!

I would describe your cats as brown mackerel tabby domestic shorthairs. "Mackerel" refers to the tabby pattern with vertical tiger stripes. It's normal for some of the mackerel tabby stripes on the sides to be broken up into spots, so you can also call this pattern "broken mackerel." This is probably the most frequently seen tabby pattern in the domestic cat.

Most cats are not any particular breed, and are also not mixtures of specific breeds, unlike dogs. Apps like Google Lens and Cat Scanner are not accurate ways to determine the breed of a cat.

I notice that you included a lot of pictures of your cats' bellies. A lot of people see belly spots and wonder if their cat is part Bengal, but actually these spots are a normal part of the mackerel and classic tabby patterns. The belly spots are cute, though! :)

Jaxandtheboyz

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
They always sleep like that with their bellies up!! The boy and girl have some differences features. As they grown the striped are turning into dots!! Its hard to twork ll from photos I wish I could upload videos. They make the strangest sounds like a chirping noise. My vet said they definitely have Bengal in them but what else are they mixed with ??? They both are still very little & change weekly so it’s so hard to tell :( I’ve heard pixie bob but they have tails lol suggestions?

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They always sleep like that with their bellies up!! The boy and girl have some differences features. As they grown the striped are turning into dots!! Its hard to twork ll from photos I wish I could upload videos. They make the strangest sounds like a chirping noise. My vet said they definitely have Bengal in them but what else are they mixed with ??? They both are still very little & change weekly so it’s so hard to tell :( I’ve heard pixie bob but they have tails lol suggestions?
Vets do not have any special training in cat breed identification, and most vets rarely see cats of any specific breed in their practice.

Domestic cats are great cats! It's normal for domestic cats to have both stripes and spots, and to make all kinds of noises, including chirps, murmurs, and chattering. They don't need breed labels... specific breed ancestry wouldn't make them any more beautiful or special than they already are :redheartpump: