Kittens with stinky gas, stinky poops

4horses

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My kittens are rather stinky. I had them tested at the vets and everything looked fine (no worms, coccidia or anything else). I tried several different cat foods and it hasn't helped. It has occurred to me that they could still have coccidia? Or perhaps they are eating too much? Both are a bit round in the belly/of good weight.

danteshuman

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would put them on probiotics for a month. It helped my bottle baby with his stinky poop that he had at 6 months old. Maybe his gut flora is out of wack?

Have you tried eliminating foods with the top food allergy ingredients? Like wheat, corn, chicken & if necessary fish? Some cats have food allergies or food intolerances. If the vet has said allergies are not at play, fine. However if the probiotics do not work, I would look at allergies.

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
How long has it been since they were treated for worms? Often you have to treat a couple of times to catch all the worms in the various stages. Also, what are you feeding them? I would suggest going to a grain free mostly wet diet.