Kittens Poop Outside The Box

SDellinger11

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
hi! So we adopted 2 kittens a little over 2 weeks ago. About Wednesday last week they started pooping in the corner of our living room. Only in the afternoon/evening times. All day they use litter box just fine, and no problems with poop or pee. In the evening/overnight we find poop in the corner of the living room. Sometimes watery and sometimes not. Vet suggested a special type of wet food at night, but that’s it.

What could this be?!
I’m going to call a new vet in the morning. We originally went back to the animal hospital we adopted them from for suture removal from getting spayed so that’s who I asked. They are about 10 weeks old. Birthday is July 12.

What can we or should we try? New to this cat thing!

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi!
Can you put a litterbox in that corner? Or get some puppy pee training pads and put those in that corner to help with cleanup?

If you don't have it already you'll want an enzymatic cleaner. @FeebysOwner has suggested a product called The Equalizer because it doesn't require soaking the area.

Are you in an apartment? It sounds as though there's something, either sounds or smells, that could be triggering the behavior.

Have these little guys gotten all their shots, been dewormed and have no fleas?

First-time Cat Owner's Guide

Kitten Proofing Your Home: 13 Practical Tips

How Much Time Does It Take To Care For A Cat?

lacy2000

Windy City Fosters
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Put a litter box in the corner for now and see if they use it. Do they look like they are straining when they go to the bathroom? Have they been dewormed?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

SDellinger11

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi!
Can you put a litterbox in that corner? Or get some puppy pee training pads and put those in that corner to help with cleanup?

If you don't have it already you'll want an enzymatic cleaner. @FeebysOwner has suggested a product called The Equalizer because it doesn't require soaking the area.

Are you in an apartment? It sounds as though there's something, either sounds or smells, that could be triggering the behavior.

Have these little guys gotten all their shots, been dewormed and have no fleas?

First-time Cat Owner's Guide

Kitten Proofing Your Home: 13 Practical Tips

How Much Time Does It Take To Care For A Cat?
Yes they’ve had shots and been dewormed, and recently gotten fixed. I thought about the noise thing too but there isn’t any. We live in a house and litter box is in the centerish in our laundry room (I do laundry during the day and mostly on weekends, it never runs at night because it’s next to my youngest sons bedroom). My husband leaves the light on for them to see also. They tend to sleep in our bedroom st the far side of the house so last night I put an extra litter box in our bathroom and showed it to them. Worked perfect!!! So far no accidents. Fingers crossed this fixes it. My best friend said maybe they are attention seekers and don’t want to go to far away from us at night. From day 1 they’ve slept either in our bed or under it.