Kittens Jumping On The Bed

Lindsay00287

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I got two kittens (4 months old) like a week ago. At night they love to play, jump and chase each other around the house at night the bed and my face! I tried closing the door at night because its pretty scary waking up by two kittens running and jumping on you but they just meowed at the door. Im not quite sure how to deal with this. My boyfriend comes home this weekend and hes not going to be to happy being jumped on. Im worried they might actually end up scratching us badly or even poking our eyes out. Any suggestions?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Lindsay00287

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Im not sure how to edit but ive tried closing the door and they meowed

susanm9006

Lola
Top Cat
Purraise
Cats and kittens hate closed doors and they will all meow or scratch at the door. But assuming the rest of your living space is kitten proofed , there is nothing wrong with not letting them in your bedroom. They will eventually give up the meowing and go off to play.

recurringecho

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Kittens will be kittens! I kept my cats outside my bedroom when they were kittens too. Btw the trick to teaching them to quiet down when outside is to ignore the meowing. If you react to them, they will learn that meowing will get them the attention they want and they will meow longer and louder next time.

She's a witch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Kittens jump on bed and this is to be expected :) It's super unlikely though they would poke your eyes out, but you can always trim their nails so that they're not sharp. Tire them out before bedtime so that they tired at nighttime. Or keep them out of the bedroom. Good luck!