Kittens have diarrhea?

jjl61886

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My family, and I went on vacation this past week, and we had my aunt keep the kittens for us. When I went to pick them up yesterday she told me they had bad diarrhea. None of them had this when I left so what could this be? Change of environment for the week? I didn't worm again before I took them to her house so maybe that is what is wrong. I will be getting some wormer from the vet on Monday. Any advice? They are playing and eating fine.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Did they eat the same food while you were away?  Perhaps you're aunt was giving them treats or some human food while you were away.  Kittens are so darned cute it's easy to give in and go overboard with treats.  It could just be stress and it will work itself out.  

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

jjl61886

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
They did eat the same food, but I didn't ask if they had anything else. She may have given them something. IDK. I will keep an eye out to make sure.

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It could very well be the change in the environment.  Has the diarrhea improved any?  How long have you had them?  How old are they?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jjl61886

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
They are 10 weeks old, and I have had them since they were 4 weeks old. I went to pick them up from my aunt's house yesterday afternoon, but it seems better tonight. Two of them are real gassy also. I wonder if they got some GI stuff going on?

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It's possible they have worms.  Not uncommon in kitties and known to cause diarrhea and gas.  I'd get them to the vet for a check up and deworming if needed.