Kittens Ears

Thizizjenbabe

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
We found a abandoned kitten she came to us quite healthy looking clean ears inside no fleas she did have some diarrhea we took her into vet they worked her did fecal float which came back no parasites she did have some cracking of skin on ears wich vet said didn’t look like ring worm it’s been close to a week since then her ears are not better any ideas has anyone seen this before?

Attachments

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi! Welcome!!

Can you speak with your vet again, and tell them that her ears aren't improving?

white shadow

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi Thizizjenbabe and welcome to the forum !

It seems to me you're looking for others who may have a similar experience, otherwise you wouldn't have asked "has anyone seen this before?":lol:

Perhaps one of our kitten experts could drop by.....@Kieka StefanZ StefanZ ?

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hi Thizizjenbabe Thizizjenbabe :hithere:Welcome to TCS :welcomesign:

It looks to me like some form of ear dermatitis. I can't say what the root cause is though, as there are just too many possibilities. Dermatitis won't resolve until you find the trigger, and the best person to help you with that is your vet. They could do a skin culture to try and identify the type of trigger causing it (eg is it infection based or some sort of allergy). I'm sorry I can't be more help.
Skin Conditions In Cats

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I dont have any good opinion nor knowledge. But you can always smear with coconut oil, coldpressed organic style.
Some say raw honey may help too on many skin conditions, but I havent tested this.

Im not saying these tips are "what doctor prescribed". But it cant hurt to try them out, even if you use parallelly some vet prescription. And they both or one of them, may help.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thizizjenbabe

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Yes that’s my plan after the weekend I just have been worried so I was looking for answers before

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thizizjenbabe

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I’m also wondering about possible sunburn to her ears since she was found in the country but I plan on contacting my vet tomorrow. It doesnt seem to Be itchy or painful so that’s good