Kitten wont use litter box!

jenif93x

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hey this is my first time posting.so I've just got two kittens (brother and sister) who are about 10 weeks old now. Male kitten has always used litter box and is very approachable and pleasant.Female kitten will not use litter and cowars when being approaches and doesn't seem to like being petted.The male is the dominant one he uses her litter box, eats her food and picks on her a lot. Could this be the reason she acts strange? I've had them about two weeks now I've changed litters and nothing is working please help

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hi, and welcome to TCS :wavey:

It sounds like your girl is being bullied by her brother. She'll most likely be avoiding the litterboxes because he's not allowing her to use them. For two cats you need at least 3 boxes, and they need to be in different areas so your boy can't prevent his sister from accessing all of them at once. For such young kittens, I'd seriously consider having more than 3. I know it may seem a pain to scoop so many, but setting up good toilet habits now is invaluable. [article="33457"][/article][article="33610"][/article][article="22348"][/article]

Try to spend time with your girl away from her brother, to see if you can bring her out of her shell and gain her trust. Interactive play is a wonderful way to create a bond, and in time it will increase her confidence too. Interactive play will benefit her brother too, as the more energy you can drain in a positive way, the less energy he'll have to bully his sister ;) Supervise feeding times too, and don't allow him to eat his sister's food. [article="29675"][/article][article="32656"][/article][article="32735"][/article]