Kitten Won't Stop Meowing, Is Aggressive, Sits While Peeing

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

capke

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
He’s very calm sometimes (usually while sleeping) and licks my face. I’ve tried using toys to interact with him, but he seems to know it’s my hand manipulating the toy. So he just ignores the toy and goes for my hand. When I’m sleeping, he bites my face sometimes and when I wake up to see what the deal was, he just starts playing (biting and scratching and pouncing).

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Both the squatting to pee and the playing sounds normal. To stop him from biting or scratching you first you will want to make sure you never let him play with your hands, use a toy instead. And if he should bite or scratch you, yell or hiss at him, put him down and ignore him. By depriving him of your attention after he plays too rough he will learn. If this happens at night you need to place him on the floor and if he just comes back and starts rough play again you shut him out of your room for the night. You may need to do this many many times before he catches on. Also, you never want to pet him or give him attention in your bedroom, so he learns bedrooms are for sleeping only.

Pixxelated

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Cats tend to squat / sit to pee, regardless of sex. They should have a relaxed, sort-of-straight posture and not strain when they go to the bathroom. If he is proper hunching and straining, get him checked out by a vet...

As for rough playing, well it’s a kitten. They have loads of energy and if he is that young, he might not have learned proper kitty manners. When he bites and it hurts, don’t punish him. Yelp, and walk away. He will get the message eventually, that claws/teeth = no play.

More importantly though, don’t use your hands to play with him. You should never use just your hands to play. This can lead to serious issues later in life. Use toys to wear him out. Wands and things like that... a laser or something. Something he can chase and catch after.

Since he is a little kitten, be prepared to do this several times a day. He is just rambunctuous cause he’s a wee one... maybe get him a friend of about is age, if you’re able and let them work out that kitten energy on each other.

And yeah, get him checked out by a vet - just in case. It never hurts.

Other than that, enjoy your kitten. :) they grow up so fast, you will soon be wondering where that energetic little devil went!

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Little kittens do squat very low, basically sitting in the litter. That's another reason it's best to use non-clumping litter for the little guys. He'll outgrow it, just focus on building good litterbox habits!

His behavior sounds normal for a kitten his age. They're naughty little things.

capke

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
He is probably a feral so you will need to work with him. The good news is you got him before 12 weeks so you can still socialize him :) I suggest things like practicing your fake puurr, the slow blink, being in the room with him without forcing interaction & if he gets nippy scuffing him. That or he is a rambunctious little guy who just wants to 'hunt' you. In which case scuffing or a light 1 finger tap on the side of his face should help teach him manners. Are his pupil wide? Is he acting afraid? If he is acting afraid then you want to build up trust. If he is just wound up he needs to learn manners. Our semi feral finally got the message about biting with that light face tap.
The Best Age for Taming Feral Kittens
Is your kitten acting like the kitten in this video? If so he is probably feral.
Beyond The Slow Blink Cat Kiss – Cat Wisdom 101
Well,I think he try’s to me because he sleeps on me and lets me rub his belly. He also licks my nose sometimes. But sometimes he hisses at me, arches his back and takes off running under the counter when I’m just walking in his direction.

capke

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I think he trusts me not ‘try’s to me’

capke

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
As he’s getting older he’s getting less and less affectionate. He bites more, ignores me and walks away when I try to pet him. So I try to give him space, but if I close the bedroom door (we had to give him access to the whole house because he attacks us at night and walks over our faces) he meows and whines outside. It’s very stressful, since all he ever wants to do anymore seems to be sleeping on my bed or roughhousing me. He doesn’t cuddle anymore, rarely purrs and seemingly hates petting. HE only tolerates it during feeding time.

Kefa

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
He is becoming a teenager. This will pass. If he isn't neutered yet he needs to be. You should watch some videos of how cats play with each other and study their body language. Then get some toys and start playing with him. A lot. He isn't a baby anymore, he is a tough fearless hunter and killer of things!! Or so he thinks : )