Kitten With Leaking Liquid Poop

Erisha

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My two month old kitten lat is pooping all over my house. I give her boiled home cooked fish and rice . She is very eager to eat. Her anus is red and swollen. However, she is playing, eating and sleeping normally. I did deworm her recently. She seems very full most of the time as if she just ate a lot. She cannot control herself and usually poops in small droplets all over the place. Is it diarrhea and if so what should I do ? Should I skip giving her any food for 12 or more hours? Any advice would be great.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Are you feeding only fish and rice? That is not a nutritious or complete diet to a kitten. Lack of proper nutritents can result very poor growth and health, even blindness and heart problems from a lack of taurine. Can you buy kitten food from a store?

Many kittens have worms. You typically need to deworm every 2 weeks to fully break the worm life cycle. What dewormer are you using?

Can you take your kitten to a vet for an exam? Has your kitten gotten the first round of basic vaccinations?

lacy2000

Windy City Fosters
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Feed your kitten regular kitten food or a food made specially for digestive problems. Don’t make up your own diet for her or you could unintentionally hurt her.

Although you recently dewormed her, you should be using dewormer every two weeks until there is no more diarrhea. Worms cause potbelly and make their bellies look large, which is what I think you are describing. They can be tricky to get rid of and take a long time to treat. Keep her in a confined room so she doesn’t make a mess all over your house.

Please take her to a vet and bring a fresh fecal sample. They will be able to make sure she has worms and decide the correct dosage for her. The swollen anus should go away when the diarrhea does, but you can use aquaphor or something similar to relieve pain. It’s safe in case she licks it off and digests it.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
You can also try mixing a half teaspoon of plain canned pumpkin into wet cat food. Pumpkin can help firm up her bowel movements.