Kitten With Different Colours Around Eyes

Victoriaep

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
This is difficult to explain (refer to picture) but a feral kitten I rescued has different colour rim or waterline areas (not the actual eye colour) on each eye. I tried googling it and nothing came up. Is this rare? Does it affect her in any way?

Attachments

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I wonder if he has some inlammation or even infection around the reddish eye brink.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Victoriaep

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hmm. I have noticed that she blinks more with that eye and when she closes her eyes the pink one always closes first. But realistically I don't think an infection would make the entire area become pink rather than black/brown without any other symptoms.. there is no swelling or discharge from that eye.

Taking her to the vet for another check up tonight and will for sure ask about it

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Yes if a vet visit is possible for you, its surely the best.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Very sweet kitten btw. Tabby and white in the van pattern (as I can see)

Alejandra Rico

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
This may sound crazy, but the waterline is pink in the white area of her face, which is normal, and black in the gray area, which is normal too. Your cat looks healthy and beautiful just the way she is, I ver there is nothing to be worried about. This hapens in Harlequin Great Danes too, for example, and there is nothing bad about it.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Victoriaep

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
This may sound crazy, but the waterline is pink in the white area of her face, which is normal, and black in the gray area, which is normal too. Your cat looks healthy and beautiful just the way she is, I ver there is nothing to be worried about. This hapens in Harlequin Great Danes too, for example, and there is nothing bad about it.
That's cool, I guess she's just special :p. Never seen a cat like that. Thanks for you help