Kitten With Crusty Eye.

akaLuann

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I have three kittens 10 days old. One has one eye open and some light yellow crusties and the eye is not open. Not swollen or red. The other kittens are fine. Can anyone help?

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Clean it with a warm damp cloth. If you can get terramycin (usually from any feed store, tractor supply or vet) then put some in his eye. Pull down the eye lid a little and put it along the bottom edge, careful not to touch the eye with the applicator.
If it continues, take him to the vet as could be a URI.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

akaLuann

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
3kittens4.jpg
Yes. Thank you so much for your responses. I started with warm water on a sterile cotton ball. When he woke up again, he still had some, but less. This started when his eyes started to open. I then used a warm, weak saline solution, dried with the cotton ball, and then on another cotton ball I applied Neosporin. I did this three times and have not seen any watery eye or discharge. He is not swollen, or red. Of course each time I did anything, Little Miss (mama) cleaned it completely. I watched him closely for lethargy and to make sure he ate. He is fine now. If it comes back I will go to the vet. But being so young I dreaded taking him out.

akaLuann

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Clean it with a warm damp cloth. If you can get terramycin (usually from any feed store, tractor supply or vet) then put some in his eye. Pull down the eye lid a little and put it along the bottom edge, careful not to touch the eye with the applicator.
If it continues, take him to the vet as could be a URI.
I am new at this and posted a reply I guess above this with a pic. He is doing awesome.

akaLuann

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
The sheet they are on and the orangy color on the kittens is just lighting. I change it twice a day.

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Glad they are doing better. I would willingly add another cat to my collection with one of yours. :lol:
I panicked a bit when you said Neosporin, but did a quick Google and it says it's ok. Didn't say anything about using it on eyes. I would invest in a tube of Terramycin for any future eye problems.
They are so precious, I just want to grab them up and cuddle them.

akaLuann

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Glad they are doing better. I would willingly add another cat to my collection with one of yours. :lol:
I panicked a bit when you said Neosporin, but did a quick Google and it says it's ok. Didn't say anything about using it on eyes. I would invest in a tube of Terramycin for any future eye problems.
They are so precious, I just want to grab them up and cuddle them.
I googled it, used very little and of course Little Miss took it off immediately. I will get the Terramycin tomorrow. Thanks again. These kittens are so beautifully marked, I have looked at several purebreds and they stand up. The daddy is golden with rosettes and TICA, I just wanted to fix Little Miss and decided to let her have one litter and a friend offered his service. LOL. I am so proud. I made sure before I bred her that I had homes for up to six, people I trusted. All my other pets are rescues.

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So, I don't get one? :bawling:
What breed are they? I have a small hunch based on a few of the markings, but I'm curious to see how wrong I am.

akaLuann

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
lmtyson`.jpg
I think she is a Bombay, but she was a rescue so I don't know. Daddy is a registered Bengal as I am sure that was your guess. I have looked on the net and they are very well marked. All the kittens are promised, have been before conception. I want to spay Little Miss but wanted to let her have one litter and a friend obliged. All my other pets are rescues. I typed this out once and it wouldn't post so here I go again.

Last edited by a moderator:

akaLuann

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Oh and I live in Ks.

akaLuann

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
So, I don't get one? :bawling:
What breed are they? I have a small hunch based on a few of the markings, but I'm curious to see how wrong I am.
I posted a pic of her about a week before delivery, she only weighs like 8lbs.

akaLuann

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I posted a pic of her about a week before delivery, she only weighs like 8lbs.
Just now figuring out how to reply........my posts are all over the place......sorry.......LOL

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Bengal's are a lot of work. So I guess it's ok that you have homes for all 6. lol
And yes, get her spayed.

akaLuann

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Bengal's are a lot of work. So I guess it's ok that you have homes for all 6. lol
And yes, get her spayed.
No, I had homes ready for that many.. she only had three. Two from one horn almost identical except for the sex. The larger one from the other side looks a lot like them. I have the two other cats to play with the one I am keeping. Is that what you thought they were?