Kitten With Bad Diarrhea

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

LindseyNicole14

Lucy & Ethel
Young Cat
Purraise
Have you tried science diet id..prescription food?
They gave me some at first but when she went in for a long stay at the rescue they apparently stopped giving it to her. We were trying to not change her food again once she got on the blue buffalo but I ran out and I had to do something. The one she gets barely any of anymore is the Instinct Rabbit Limited Ingredient. I’m trying to pull them off of dry food completely since there are so many different foods in them. Right now she is eating raw turkey plain (until EZComplete comes in) supplemented with some of the rabbit wet food Limited Ingredient from Instinct as well.

LindseyNicole14

Lucy & Ethel
Young Cat
Purraise
I saw your post on the fb group! Such a great group and they helped me a ton with Dave!
Yes!!! They were all so helpful and at first I was so overwhelmed but she is doing SOOOO good and I’m so happy! She is loving on me and going to the bathroom regularly instead of every hour or more. I couldnt be happier. I thought I was going to lose it there for a bit. Incase anyone on here is wondering, I cut out dry food completely, they have been getting plain cooked turkey 4x a day or so. Lucy gets Tylosin twice a day and we haven’t had to do biosponge for over 24 hours! And about 1/2 pill of S Bouraldii with each meal. I have officially taken the sheet off of my bed and they no longer have to sleep in the bathroom which we are all stoked about!

qtpidani

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yes!!! They were all so helpful and at first I was so overwhelmed but she is doing SOOOO good and I’m so happy! She is loving on me and going to the bathroom regularly instead of every hour or more. I couldnt be happier. I thought I was going to lose it there for a bit. Incase anyone on here is wondering, I cut out dry food completely, they have been getting plain cooked turkey 4x a day or so. Lucy gets Tylosin twice a day and we haven’t had to do biosponge for over 24 hours! And about 1/2 pill of S Bouraldii with each meal. I have officially taken the sheet off of my bed and they no longer have to sleep in the bathroom which we are all stoked about!
Have you received and/or tried the EZ Complete yet?

I'm struggling with a kitten that has had diarrhea issues since I brought her in back in early August (she was a stray). I just dropped off a poop sample to run a PCR test and tonight she is going to get chicken with the sample of EZ Complete I requested. She can be quite picky, as are my other 3 cats (ugh!), so I hope she will eat it. She tends to turn her nose up when I add S. Boulardii and Slippery Elm Bark to her food. Hoping the EZ Complete will be something she will eat, and not get sick of since this seems to be the best approach to helping settle her system.

LindseyNicole14

Lucy & Ethel
Young Cat
Purraise
Have you received and/or tried the EZ Complete yet?

I'm struggling with a kitten that has had diarrhea issues since I brought her in back in early August (she was a stray). I just dropped off a poop sample to run a PCR test and tonight she is going to get chicken with the sample of EZ Complete I requested. She can be quite picky, as are my other 3 cats (ugh!), so I hope she will eat it. She tends to turn her nose up when I add S. Boulardii and Slippery Elm Bark to her food. Hoping the EZ Complete will be something she will eat, and not get sick of since this seems to be the best approach to helping settle her system.
So I just got the EZ Complete in last night but I tried the sample prior to and both liked it! I was just cooking up some ground turkey and chicken for them at first while I was waiting for my order to come in and I think that really helped. I was giving Lucy S Boulardii mixed into her food so she doesn't taste it much but the EZ Complete seems to have a bit of flavor so to say and she doesn't even know it is in there. But then again my girls aren't all that picky so it is hard to say. I had a lot of luck stopping the diarrhea with cooked plain turkey and about a 1/2 pill of S Boulardii with each meal (4x day).

qtpidani

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
So I just got the EZ Complete in last night but I tried the sample prior to and both liked it! I was just cooking up some ground turkey and chicken for them at first while I was waiting for my order to come in and I think that really helped. I was giving Lucy S Boulardii mixed into her food so she doesn't taste it much but the EZ Complete seems to have a bit of flavor so to say and she doesn't even know it is in there. But then again my girls aren't all that picky so it is hard to say. I had a lot of luck stopping the diarrhea with cooked plain turkey and about a 1/2 pill of S Boulardii with each meal (4x day).
I just ordered a bag of the EZ Complete. My Aggie ate the cooked chicken that had the EZ complete once, and turned her nose up at it today (I had frozen it and gave it to her dethawed so maybe that was the problem?). The only thing she isn't turning her nose up at is raw chicken, so that's what she is getting now. My kids are so stinkin' picky..... I waste so much food. I don't know that I've noticed much of a difference with S Boulardii, but I'm still adding it to her food.

Also, after 2 negative fecals, it turns out she DOES have roundworms, so we are treating the entire house for that. That's fun..... I'm hoping the PCR panel doesn't show anything and it's just roundworms that has been the issue all along.

FrankieNMurphy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I rescued a kitten with the same problem. It was HORRID! I feel for you! I fed her chicken and rice baby food with some powered pumpkin, and that helped firm her up. I'm going to try a probiotic now for my other cat who has IBD (they think . . .:doh2:) and hope your kitty gets better soon. God love you for caring for her so well!