Kitten With A Stinky Butt

CurlyEmy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hello,

I recently got a 3 month old kitten. His butt really stinks. I wiped it really well and it still stinks. I bathed him. Still stinks. What should I do?

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
How are his stools? Are they also stinky? Are they solid or loose? What I would recommend is taking him to the vet to rule out any problems with parasites. If he’s all good, then you can discuss possible diet changes.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

CurlyEmy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
How are his stools? Are they also stinky? Are they solid or loose? What I would recommend is taking him to the vet to rule out any problems with parasites. If he’s all good, then you can discuss possible diet changes.
His poop is well formed and not very stinky. He was recently tested for parasites and was negative. I give him probiotics everyday so I’m guessing he shouldn’t have any gastrointestinal issues.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
You said he was tested recently. Can you call the vet and ask them what they think? Is his urine smelling, since his actual poop doesn't?

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Is the kitten a Maine Coon? So cute. Not sure about the odor. Are you feeding it supermarket pet food?