Kitten who can't move

kittens mom

Kittens life was lost to a negligent veterinarian.
Top Cat
Purraise
You are doing a wonderful job. No one could criticize your efforts. I just can't help myself. It's so exciting to see the improvement.

catwoman707

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I played the video twice just to make sure I was seeing all limbs voluntarily moving, and they sure do.

He curls his paws in the bunny cupping position, pulls them back even when you don't straighten them out, he has all nerves intact to do this.

My very first posts here was about him being overwhelmingly traumatized and was sure he could recover, and sure enough he is and will continue.

My point saying that is because now he will have some muscle loss which doesn't mean paralyzed, it means he will need hydrothrerapy and physical therapy to continue for a while.

So the muscle loss is going to help contribute to his not walking as well now.

While I was going through some boxes today I ran across some pet clothes, jackets, etc.

One thing that I saw made you pop in to my head, it's a life jacket type thing that makes the animal float. 

I will try to get down there tmrw and will post a pic of it!

The video shows him happy, comfy, feeling safe, so safe he is playful and curious, excellent to see!!

donutte

Professional cat sitter extraordinaire!
Top Cat
Purraise
I try to make sure to stretch them multiple times a day! I hope the hydrotherapy helps some! He is definitely in better spirits lately I agree with you about his eyes, before they seemed almost dead and now they sparkle with his personality. I'm so grateful for all of you for the comments and advice, you guys were the main reason I didn't give up on him and kept going!!!

Ps: I realized my night job might make me sound like I do something that I don't do haha but I'm a singer in a blues band and we gig in restaurants and bars which is why I'm out so late!

As someone who is usually pretty active in the local music scene - I think what you do is pretty darn cool!

And I LOVED that video!!! I have to wonder what he'd be like if you had a dangly thing in front of him.

NewYork1303

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow. That video really shows how far he has come! I am so glad that you are taking care of this guy. Hope you can get those back leg muscles working.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
So wonderful to see that video of Reeves in action!

He has come so far... the light/life in his eyes is so inspiring..

Do not think anyone thought any less of you for having a night job..many people do...

You are wonderful

As Catwoman707 commented on: I too am a bit concerned about limb contractures. That is when the limbs curl because the muscles become shortened and weak from lack of use. 

Reeves is ready for more intensive therapy now. I think you can use a bit more strength in trying to get him to resist your movements. 

I also think it is time to start the hydrotherapy. He needs to use those muscles before they become wasted and shriveled up.

It looks as if that left front paw is turning in..He may have some permanent damage..but with great PT, he may not!

Thank you for the Video..

We can all see his progress and watch his therapy sessions...

Reeves is such a cutie.....

Thank you again....((hugs))

You are doing such a good thing...you have kept him alive. There are no words to describe you and what you have done...

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I try to make sure to stretch them multiple times a day! I hope the hydrotherapy helps some! He is definitely in better spirits lately I agree with you about his eyes, before they seemed almost dead and now they sparkle with his personality. I'm so grateful for all of you for the comments and advice, you guys were the main reason I didn't give up on him and kept going!!!

Ps: I realized my night job might make me sound like I do something that I don't do haha but I'm a singer in a blues band and we gig in restaurants and bars which is why I'm out so late!

You mean you're not 'A Lady of the Night'? I'm joking you do realise that right?

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
Jenny, is everything ok? We have not heard anything else from you today. [emoji]128563[/emoji]

mazie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I apologize if I missed this, but what does that boy of yours do with the other side of his body?  He does GREAT with the left front paw/leg,  Wonderful progress.
.  What about his right side?

kittyluv387

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There there lets not be too needy lol. She has a night job so she needs to sleep during the day!

catwoman707

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
@jennyrosalie  we need an update here!!  

Now that you've got us all cheering you on and in love with this sweet baby boy we do need you to drop in now and then so we know things are going well!! 

2 days is just too long!!  

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
Me too!!

@jennyrosalie     Please give us an update on Reeves....

Too many people are waiting for one..

I, myself, am getting pretty concerned right now....

no news.... that is not good as far as we are concerned....

please!

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
We'll wait patiently while you get decorated, Oh Lady Who Sings the Blues!  And wouldn't mind a photo of the ink, should you be inclined to share that as well.  I'm a fan of good ink.  And a HUGE fan of Reeves.

donutte

Professional cat sitter extraordinaire!
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm really been thinking about starting a tattoo thread here... if I do you definitely have to post a pic there!

And YAY for the little guy! He looks so happy :)