Kitten Vaccinations

Eca

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi, everyone. I'm a new cat owner and I'm quite worried about my kitten's vaccination schedule. I took my kitten (now 4 months of age) to the vet at 28 September for his first shot and he is scheduled for second deworming today and second shot next week at 28 November. The vet insists that deworming must be done a week before the shot and I've done that for my kitten's first deworming and shot. However, the vet is out of town and will return on Sunday. It means my kitten will be late for a few days for the deworming and vaccination. I asked the vet about this issue and she said it's fine if he's late for the shot for only a few days. Is it really okay? Please share your experience and knowledge with me. Thank you so, so much.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Eca

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Oh, I'm sorry I typed the wrong date. I took my kitten last month, 28 October for his first round of vaccination.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
A few days late or early doesn't make a difference for vaccinations or deworming :)

• Purraise
Reactions: Eca
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Eca

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you for the replies! I feel much more assured and will take my kitten as soon as the vet is available.