Kitten update....

catmanrob

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Just wanted to give an update on the 2 remaining kittens I have. As you may have read in the "Crossing The Bridge" forum, Cloud & Gizmo didn't make it. I'm happy to report that little Simba and Nala are doing very good. Not great, because they both still have some minor symptoms (primarily runny noses) from the URI that claimed Cloud's life. Nala was supposed to be adopted last week but both I and the new owner have decided to wait for her symptoms to clear up.

Here's a pic of Simba & Nala with Shadow (my big old Russian Blue) and Pancake.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

catmanrob

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
A new update, well, actually a little story.

I'm dog sitting my father's chihuahua, Delilah, for the next few days. She's been around my adult cats before and usually gets in their faces, chases them, growls (but not in an aggressive manner). This is the first time she's been around kittens. And her reaction was surprising. Nala was sitting on the couch, Delilah got up there, sat next to Nala and started licking her face. Then she saw Simba sitting on the carpet, hopped off the couch, went over and started licking his face. For the last hour or so she's been following them and going back and forth to each of them continuing to lick there faces, and Simba & Nala love it. I've been trying to get a video of this but every time I turn on the camera they get distracted and stop.

momto3boys

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awwww that is so sweet
I hope you're able to get a video of it.

I'm so sorry you lost 2 of the kittens and I'm sending lots of for Simba and Nala

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

catmanrob

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Well, Nala went to her new home on Friday. And came back today. I honestly think this is the last time I suggest this woman to adopt a kitten. She has attempted to adopt kittens from other people twice before, and each time she sent them back. Before she took Nala I explained that she needs to be patient, as Nala might need some time to adapt to her new home. That was a bust. She wants to try again this weekend, but I'm not sure.

orangeishcat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise

Don't give her another chance. If she's had a history of returning kittens, just keep Nala with you until you can find her a forever home- you don't want to stress her out too much!

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
AWW Glad all is well with the babies. I would not let that woman have another chance at Nala. Poor baby Nala. You will find another perfect home, maybe both of them together in the same home!! I hope

poohandwendy

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Aw, they are all beautiful!

I also wouldn't give the woman another chance. It's far too much stress on a kitten to be moved over and over again. Honestly, if someone cannot handle a kitten for a few days without returning it, they really are not ready to be a cat owner.