Kitten To Cat Food: Diarrhea Help !

Mandaw

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
so my cat recently turned 1 so I switched his food he was eating kitten chow but now he is eating purina indoor (I know I didn't transition him properly to the new food that's my fault) it's been about 2 months since we switched him and recently he started to have soft foul smelling stool for the past 3 weeks so I'm wondering do I switch his food again? I can't really afford to go the vet right now other then the diaherrea nothing else is wrong with him he's very active still eats and drinks what should I do?

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The Indoor dry foods have stuff for hairballs in them, so it can lead to loose poop if given everyday. Can you try switching to a dry food that is not Indoor? Also, can you give him some wet canned food?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mandaw

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I can I haven't given him wet food since he was a kitten so I'll try that, what food would you recommend ?

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I use Friskies, Fancy Feast, Purina One, Purina ProPlan, and Sheba. Try to stay away from too many Fish flavors.

orange&white

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Have you wormed him lately? A food transition done too quickly would have created problems earlier than 2 months out.

It is possible that the new food does have an ingredient he is not tolerating well (that has nothing to do with changing too fast). I agree with the recommendation to offer him canned food. You can rotate flavors with canned without having to worry about transition times.