Kitten Supplies!!

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They’re adorable! Have you talked to a vet about deworming, vaccine schedule, and spaying/neutering?

tinydestroyer

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Thank you, I live very far North and live remotely. The closest Walmart is quite a drive and PetsMart even farther. I have to order pretty much everything online. I have a small grocer in my village who only supplies low quality pet food. It sucks!! Thank the powers that be for Amazon Prime!
Amazon is great! Not sure if Chewy.com ships to you, but they're amazing. Comparable prices to Amazon, 2 day ship, best customer service of any store I've shopped at in a long time. Not just pet stores....ANY store. If you're unhappy with something for any reason, or your kitty just doesn't like it, they'll refund: no questions asked.

tinydestroyer

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Oh I missed your response earlier: for the bottle / KMR sometimes rural feed stores will have this as well if you live in an area near that. Goats milk and a medical dropper can work, too, or just goats milk (from the store,) in a dish if Ghost is interested in lapping it up. He should get to eat as much as he wants if he's underweight.
As for the carrier, it will totally depend on your needs. I got one carrier at first (which is small,) then another one big enough for both of them. So far, I've only used it to take them to the vet individually, but my cats get along great, and enter the carrier without fighting it, so I figured it might be easier to manage to have them both in one large carrier in an emergency situation. Actually, though, I am getting another large one of the same kind since we are moving, and they might appreciate the extra space on a longer trip.
So, basically, it's gonna come down to how much you think you'll use the carrier, what kind of transportation you'll be using it for, and whether or not your cats would be comfortable together. Here are the TCS reviews of different carriers:
Carriers & Crates | TheCatSite

I have the Sherpa original deluxe carrier in Large, and my cats are about 9-11 lbs each (so, avg size.) They can fit together, or one cat with an Elizabethan collar.

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
Thank you, I live very far North and live remotely. The closest Walmart is quite a drive and PetsMart even farther. I have to order pretty much everything online. I have a small grocer in my village who only supplies low quality pet food. It sucks!! Thank the powers that be for Amazon Prime!
I hear you on that. The last place I lived the closest Walmart was 35 miles away, and I'm not even sure where a Petsmart was, maybe 45 miles.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Sweet Bee

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Oh I missed your response earlier: for the bottle / KMR sometimes rural feed stores will have this as well if you live in an area near that. Goats milk and a medical dropper can work, too, or just goats milk (from the store,) in a dish if Ghost is interested in lapping it up. He should get to eat as much as he wants if he's underweight.
As for the carrier, it will totally depend on your needs. I got one carrier at first (which is small,) then another one big enough for both of them. So far, I've only used it to take them to the vet individually, but my cats get along great, and enter the carrier without fighting it, so I figured it might be easier to manage to have them both in one large carrier in an emergency situation. Actually, though, I am getting another large one of the same kind since we are moving, and they might appreciate the extra space on a longer trip.
So, basically, it's gonna come down to how much you think you'll use the carrier, what kind of transportation you'll be using it for, and whether or not your cats would be comfortable together. Here are the TCS reviews of different carriers:
Carriers & Crates | TheCatSite

I have the Sherpa original deluxe carrier in Large, and my cats are about 9-11 lbs each (so, avg size.) They can fit together, or one cat with an Elizabethan collar.
Thank you I will definitely check them out. I like the idea of a larger carrier and it saves a bit of cash too!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Sweet Bee

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I hear you on that. The last place I lived the closest Walmart was 35 miles away, and I'm not even sure where a Petsmart was, maybe 45 miles.
LOL yeah that sounds similar to me as well. At least it’s peaceful!

xcourtney3

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
For your older kitten, would it be possible to give her a blanket now, so it has the scent on it when she comes to you? Might make the transition easier