Kitten spay

Destinyyymarie

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I got my kitten spayed 11 days ago at a low cost spay. She seems to have bounced back quick but her spot seems to not be healing. I tried reaching out to the vet to no avail so we are taking her later today to a different vet. I’m attaching some pictures of her tummy on day 6, day 8 and day 11. Either way we are taking her to the vet but can anyone tell what’s going in? Is this normal?

Attachments

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
It's a bit hard to tell from the pictures, however, I think it's wise that you're getting it checked out. Quite annoying that the vet at the low cost clinic didn't seem concerned, though.

Meanwhile, if you want to see some pics of normal and infected spay incisions, to compare, there are pics in this TCS article
Spaying And Neutering - What To Look For After Surgery - TheCatSite

Please post an update once you're back from the vet.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Destinyyymarie

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Back from the vet. She said that it does look like the stitches didn’t hold in a small part of the incision hence the leaking fluid but she cleaned it up and said the site looks very normal. She did give us anti inflammatory and some antibiotics for the next few days and told us to keep and eye on it and look for any more discharge.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Good thing you went with your instinct and got her checked out. Hopefully now she'll heal quickly.