Kitten Sneezing And Has Green Gunk Coming Out Of Her Eyes...

alellason

My bby girl
Kitten
Purraise
:help: I got my baby girl kitten today and I noticed she had green gunk arnd her eyes, so I asked the lady tht has tha kittens and she said they all had it arnd their eyes (there was 4 kittens) and she had just been keeping them cleaned and wiped regularly. When I got the kitten home she started sneezing so I automatically started thinking she had allergies so I looked it up online and the site said to give her lysine, but everyone on here that has wrote posts abt tht medicine said they used it for herpes for their cat so I confused. Does anyone know if tht medicine treats both allergies and herpes or if I need to try smtg else... If anyone has any advice I wld really appreciate it. Thanks so much! 20190605_221949.jpg 20190605_221949.jpg 20190605_221949.jpg 20190605_222003.jpg

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Sounds like the lady isn't all that concerned for the kittens' health or the health of the mom cat:dunno: Is this a breeder or just someone who had kittens available? How old is the kitten?

Sneezing and goopy eyes can indicate a respiratory infection. I recommend that you take the kitten to a vet soon if giving the kitten back to the lady isn't an option. Kittens often have worms and need their first round of vaccinations so you'll have to take the kitten to a vet in the next couple of weeks anyways.

Leomc123

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
omg that kitten is so cute, poor little thing with his eyes, please take the kitty to the vet to clean his eyes and give him proper medication for his eyes, if the infection says there too long and doesnt get treated with antibiotics the poor thing could go blind eventually :( :vibes::redheartpump::bigeyes:

catlover73

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I agree about bringing the kitten to the vet for a check-up. I am not a vet but the symptoms you are describing could be the beginning of an upper respiratory infection (URI). When my own cats have had green or yellowish goop around their eye it has usually ended up being an eye infection. Some URI's require antibiotics that the vet prescribes. Any time my cats have had eye infections they were given antibiotic eye ointment or eye drops by the vet.

I thought my Casey had allergies when he was a kitten because he was sneezing once in a while. I took him to the vet because he had greenish yellow eye discharge and the sneezing got worse. He shared his URI with my other three cats because I did not catch it fast enough. It is better and less expensive to deal with these issues sooner rather than waiting. All of my cats recovered from this.

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's possible this could be allergies, but I wouldn't rely on that idea.
I think a vet visit is your best option at this stage, she sure is a pretty little thing but those eyes look really sore. Green gunk is never a sign of health, the vet can help you out on this one.

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Your kitten is sick and needs to see a vet as soon as possible. Some types of infection can destroy her vision if they go untreated. How old is your kitten? She looks very young.

Also, please talk to the lady you got her from, and urge her to take all the kittens and mother to a vet for proper treatment. Wiping the eyes is not sufficient when a kitten is sick like this.

Are these kittens from a one-time accidental breeding, or is this lady raising kittens on an ongoing basis, either fostering litters, or as a breeder? If she is a breeder or fosters litters, it's really important to make sure she changes her ways, and stops placing sick kittens.