Kitten small lump under skin.

vitani

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hey guys! I have yet another issue with one of my kittens. If it wasn't bad enough that over the last several weeks we dealt with URIs, "ringworm", roundworms and fleas. Well we seemed so close to being better and tonight while playing with one I found a small(maybe blueberry size) round lump by the ribcage kinda behind his armpit under the skin. It is very easily moveable. I know lipomas and cysts are common in older animals but have never seen that in a cat so young. I also am pretty sure that's the side (but higher up) that the vet gave a vaccine a little over a week ago. Could that be from that? I have another appt in a little over 2 weeks. I know they can get lumps from those but I thought it wouldn't be able to move around like that? My SO thinks he feels another small one on the other side in that spot but I havent felt that yet. Very energetic eating and drinking fine but still I am worried.

Heart For Cats

Cat Lover Forever
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hi vitani. What are your cat's sex, age, and name?

I had a cat who developed exactly this kind of lump on the right side of her head at a pretty young age, so I am not sure why this would be an "older cat" thing. It never changed or bothered her.

Which side is the lump on? The FVRCP shot is supposed to be given at the right shoulder.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Well, lipomas and cysts can happen at any age. What I would do is keep a very close eye on it over the next few days. If it seems to be growing, call the vet to get him in early. I suspect it will not, in which case, be sure to bring it to the vet's attention when you take him in. Hek has had a tiny cyst for 13 years now. I have the vet check it every time she goes in, and it hasn't changed at all.

Voidcat101

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
His name is Atlas they are 13 weeks. I mention age as a factor because I have worked with animals as my profession for 10 years and only have observed fatty tumors in older cats/dogs(and a lot of them!). While I know its possible it seemed more off to me for a young one to have it. I'm sure bringing it up at the appt either way and keeping an eye in it of course.
Forgive me if I sound paranoid but its been one worry after another with these kittens.
The shot was around the right shoulder, the lump Im feeling is directly below in the armpit but does move a bit when touched. I was wondering if it was possible it was a lymph node swelling from the vaccine that I was feeling. Thanks for the responses!

Voidcat101

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Also my bad posting from that account. I thought I couldnt get into my old one from a long time ago so I made a new one around when I got these kittens and then figured it out and I just replied from the notification in my email but its still me and I havent logged out or anything I'm trying to figure out what's up with that now.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
AH...thanks for clearing the account confusion up. It does happen on occasion! LOL, just pick one, and stick with it.

Hek's little whatever is the first one I ever ran across on a kitten, and I fretted about it for several days until the vet could see her. Don't blame you a bit...and the more you go through with them, the more you fret about them!