Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Cielle

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
IMG_0735.JPG
I think you guys are due and update, sorry it's been so long! Cake's getting so big and rambunctious! The ringworm is pretty much cleared up. I'm taking him for his 8 weeks appointment next week hopefully and we're gonna do another wood's light test to make sure. URI is gone too!
700E1BA2-3028-4562-B4A8-939B18F3C5FF.gif
B9F946AE-DC78-484D-B9BB-8F3CE91A0C36.gif
8A47098F-6D90-477D-9C11-67498C6785CA.gif

7A4DA6F3-5C47-4EF1-B2C3-49C5D723A05B.gif

A4CF0A57-4C63-4531-90AE-D085D40D7DF7.gif

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
:thumbsup: thanks for the update! He's looking great, so happy and playful!

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Thanks so much for the updates, keep 'em coming. Babycakes has found his "furever" home! :redheartpump:

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I could have sworn I had left a response here when you posted those pictures! It went away! But he looks wonderful and I'm thrilled that he's a musical kitten!

Cielle

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Negative for FIV and FELV! Vaccine round one administered, scheduling his drop off to be neutered sometime this week. Only bad news this time is that he has roundworm. He didn't start showing symptoms until the day of the vet visit, but he threw up that morning and his appetite has diminished. Anywhere here's some cute gifs from the drive. He actually likes car rides.
4E487A6F-3D93-4E65-9F8B-CBF725F91680.gif
DB5EEA8E-314C-440A-AB05-D604ACD4F2ED.gif

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Wonderful news! Well, not about the roundworms, but they pretty much all get those at some point, and it is an easy fix. He looks absolutely perfect, and has turned into a MAJOR cutie-pie! I love that he enjoys car rides. I had a cat who would race you to the car, then sit in your lap with his paws on the wheel as you drove. I almost caused a couple of wrecks with Primus.

Cielle

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Cake can't seem to catch a break. He had his dose of roundworm medicine on Wednesday and has another dose this coming Wednesday. Granted a clean bill of health, I finally got to take home the kitten I've been waiting to adopt for about a month. He's 3 months old now, just set him up in another room with his own box until this worm thing passes. I'll show you guys pics of him later, he's a real sweetie, unlike my vicious streetcat Baby.
But anyway, off topic.
Last night I think Babycake got into something plastic, possibly from the garbage. Shredded bits of plastic Something on my floor. It could have been my sister's dog, but Cake is refusing to eat, and threw up this morning, then vomited bile 4 or 5 times today. Vet was closed. I'm trying to get rid of one of my two shifts tomorrow to get him over there. I'm really worried, he seems so tired and sad.
Sidenote, do you guys know if I can change the title of this thread? It's a bit irrelevant now

Cielle

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
He's so lethargic and still refusing to eat. I spooned a little water into his mouth, wish I had pedialite but I don't. Getting a ride to the vet in about an hour. They're not open yet but I'm hoping they'll just see him without an appointment. I'm so scared for my little guy

Cielle

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
They have him on oxygen and fluids, he's stable right now. Might do surgery? I'm in the waiting room, not sure exactly whats going on. Pic from the car ride. He tried to get up and see out the window like he normally does, but got too sleepy and stayed like this for a second before I put him in his box.
IMG_0991.JPG

Cielle

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I appreciate the sweet thoughts. It took me a little while to gain the strength to make this post. The visit did not go well. It's wasn't a piece of plastic or any other foreign body that was making Cake sick. They think it was probably panleukopenia because his white blood cell count was very low. His oxygen levels were low too. They warmed him up and administered oxygen and fluids and stabilized his blood sugar but over the course of the four hour visit he didn't seem to come back around. I felt like he could hear me but couldn't see me. He kept crying and gasping for air. The vets did everything they could and said they could refer me to a veterinary hospital, but they didnt think he was going to make it either way. It broke my heart and I'm going to be heartbroken over this for a very long time, but I couldn't watch him suffer. He was euthanized that day. I'm hurt and still in disbelief that he could be torn from me so suddenly after steadily getting better over the past seven weeks. I don't regret a minute of it though. If I had known this was going to happen when I found him as a tiny kitten crying for help in a parking lot, I still would have taken him in and taken care of him. It was a blessing to get to raise my scrappy, snuggly, whiny little explorer. My goal was to give him a life that was more than flea bites and scabs and sneezes and an empty tummy, and I did that. He had so much fun and I think he knew how much we loved him. I just wish I had been able to save him.

Last edited:

Cielle

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
IMG_1036.JPG
The friend I adopted Cake's big brother from made this art of him for me.

Hazelnutlove

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Oh I am so sorry. You were so wonderful to him. As short as his life was, you made his world the best it could be. He had fun, lots of love and he loves you right back.

What a great thing you did for him and what a great heart you have. You did everything you possibly could. What a blessing he was and what a blessing you were to him. If only love was enough to save he would've made it just fine.

What a difference you made in his short life. Don't you ever forget how kind and loving you were to him. You gave him the best 7 weeks he or anyone could've hoped fire

No more suffering, precious Cake. RIP lil guy. You will see each other again

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Rest you gentle, precious Cake, dream you deep. You have touched more lives than you can ever, ever know.

Darlin, you fought like a tiger for your little man. Bless you. We grieve with you.

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
Cielle Cielle the TCS team would like you to know that we are so very sorry for the loss of dear little Cake. You could not have done more for him; you showed him such love in his short life.

Threads are locked after someone has suffered such a loss, as a sign of respect. We invite you to place a tribute at our Crossing the Bridge forum as an enduring testimony to your friend.

RIP sweet Cake

:rbheart: :rbheart: :rbheart::rbheart: :rbheart:

Status
Not open for further replies.