Kitten Sits In Litter Box

LunaxRuna

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
What does this mean why is she doing that I'm scared, her butthole looks weird I think, I never raised kittens before, I just spend 100$ on Luna leg last night I cannot afford vet right now, poop getting stuck to her butt, everything getting stuck to her butt hairs and she won't let me clean it nor do I want to butt bathe her everyday what should I do pls help me
IMG_20190917_164639.jpg

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
You will need to clean her, as Furballsmom Furballsmom suggested. There's no avoiding that. As to why she is doing it...You mentioned a trip to the vet, and treatment. She looks uncomfortable, probably from the leg issue. And her litter box smells more like HER than anywhere else in the house. She is young, and she is probably a bit overwhelmed right now due to the vet trip and the sore leg, and is retreating there because it feels safe to her. BE PATIENT! This is almost certainly a temporary thing.

Sylvia Jones

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I’m sure you feel overwhelmed right now. Your precious little girls have had multiple things going on since you brought them home. But you are doing Great taking care of all their needs. They are so lucky you walked into that shop. When their health issues get resolved they will bring you so Much love! As for sitting in the litter box her tummy is probably upset from the diarrhea and her butt is sore too so the litter box makes sense to her. Just take her out and comfort her. Not sure what you meant about how her butt looks ? You can use coconut oil to soothe it. Hang in there and keep posting for support.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I found the post about her leg sore. How is it looking now? Does she seem like it is painful to her? It is possible the antibiotic is making her feel sick so if she continues to lay in the litter box I would call the vet and discuss with him what you should do.

Last edited: