Kitten Questions (3-4 months)

catlover384

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello all!
I'm planning to get a cat from a local breeder soon and I have some questions.

How old do cats have to be to safely go up and down stairs?

Do I need 2 litterboxes in a 2 story house or can I just have one?

This is all I can think of right now, but I may add more questions as I have them.

Thanks.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi!
I think two litter boxes will be helpful for your new baby.im not sure regarding the stairs although if you can cover the steps if they're hardwood, that will help so they're not so slippery.

There may be other useful information here. The articles aren't lengthy and can answer a number of questions.

How To Help A New Cat Adjust To Your Home – TheCatSite Articles

New Cat Checklist: What You Need To Get Before Bringing Kitty Home – TheCatSite Articles

Bringing Home A New Cat – The Complete Guide – TheCatSite Articles

Kitten Proofing Your Home: 13 Practical Tips – TheCatSite Articles

9 Tips That Will Help Your Kitten Adapt To A New Apartment or House – TheCatSite Articles

Nebaug

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hello and welcome. I never tough about it, I have 3 floors plus basement so plenty stairs. I guess they decide when they are ready. If you are getting kitten from a breeder the baby will be between 14 and 16 weeks old and old enough to manage stairs. If you are lucky enough (like me) you going to end up with a klutz that average 1 in 3 stairs trips without tumbling down(apparently it’s faster, lol) Without any visible injuries except pride, I think …
People ménage litter boxes in different ways , some like them around the house different floors, rooms. Personally I have3 boxes for 3 cats (some like cat plus one) and mine are in one room in 3 corners. That works for us. Once you have your kitty, some things you will solve as they come. This site is great place to get advice to almost everything!!!